Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

cvlngineer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
137
Could someone please post or send me a picture of what the OEM cam and cam follower (roller) assembly is supposed to look like for this motor? I just want to make certain that I have the correct one on here.<br /><br />address is smithcharlesw at hotmail dot com<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br /><br />cvlngineer
 

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
320
Re: Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

Is this a trick question ??? Engine is 3 cylinder , 2 stroke, no cam !!!!<br /><br />bowhuntr
 

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
13,262
Re: Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

Cvlngineer..... I don't know if you received that yet. I'll scan and send it to your e-mail address.<br />---------<br /><br />Bowhuntr.... He's not speaking of a "camshaft", but rather the cam that rides against the throttle opening roller on the starboard side of the powerhead.
 

cvlngineer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
137
Re: Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

Joe,<br /><br />Thanks very much for the picture. That is the one that is on here, so I can, at least, rule that out.<br /><br />Thanks again,<br />cvlngineer
 

cvlngineer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
137
Re: Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

Joe,<br /><br />After looking more closely at the picture, I see a dimension given for the length of the rod that pushes the timing cam. It looks like it says the distance is 4.31/32" Does that mean 4 and 31/32 inches or 4.31 - 4.32 inches? <br /><br />I appreciate the help,<br />cvlngineer
 

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
13,262
Re: Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

Four and 31/32" (1/32" short of 5")
 

cvlngineer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
137
Re: Timing Cam on 1975 Johnson 70 hp

Joe,<br /><br />You are a heck of a guy! Thanks for all of the information, and for taking the time to scan and send the picture.<br /><br />cvlngineer
 
Top