Time's Man of the Year

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
TROLL ALERT:<br /><br />It may not be news to some of you, but George Bush will grace the cover of Time magazine as Man of the Year. Michael Moore ran a close second.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Time's Man of the Year

No matter which way I look at it, George Bush was the ONLY logical choice.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> TROLL ALERT:<br /><br />It may not be news to some of you, but George Bush will grace the cover of Time magazine as Man of the Year. Michael Moore ran a close second.
If Michael Moore came in a close second, that really goes to show you how messed up this country is!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Pat Tillman.. :( <br /><br />The fact two weenies like Duhhhbya and moore were even considered is pitiful... :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Pat Tillman.. :( <br /><br />The fact two weenies like Duhhhbya and moore were even considered is pitiful... :(
u got that right! :eek:

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

From AOL's News:<br />Do you agree with TIME's choice for Person of the Year? <br />No 53% <br />Yes 47% <br />Total Votes: 308,207

NOSLEEP

Commander

I like it. There was no other option.<br />I dont know of another that would of measured up<br />to as much controversy and adversity.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Makes sense to me...If Yasaer Arrafatt can recieve the nobel peace prize....may be some one can explain that to me....sl

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I would have voted for the USA fighting (wo)man.<br /><br />The "Man" of the year has nothing to do with popularity or approving of him. It is based on his influence on what happened during the year.

phatmanmike

Captain

well, they say he is the new king of a new country, who's name i am forbidden to say here at family friendly iboats.com<br /><br /> jb is gonna have my XXX on a platter if i post it again! he is one sneeky squirel, you know that !!!!! :p

NYMINUTE

Captain

Good choice, period. He has taken his critics to task, and the cream rose to the top. :)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I don't want to burst any Republican bubbles here, but a whole lot of nasty men have had that honor before. You don't have to be "good" to get on that particular cover. Former winners include Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin (twice), Nikita Khrushchev, Deng Xaioping (twice), Ayatollah Khomeini, and Yasser Arafat. Junior's in good company. :p <br /><br />I didn't see Ford on the list, but I think all the rest of the presidents made it at least once including Bush Sr. Junior twice. That would make the only father/son winners. <br /><br /> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_the_Year

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

From WBR's link, Time magazine's criteria is "the individual or group of individuals who have had the biggest effect on the year's news", however, they sell-out this criteria regularly, as they've done in this case.

Carphunter

Commander

I think it should have been that Louvesten(sp) kid that shot the highest scoring Whitetailed Deer ever killed by a Hunter. But I may be biased. ;)