Time To Sign Off......

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
Joe:

Like a lot of people have said, I too have learned an immense amount of knowledge from you...and I'm grateful for that and for you.

If you would like to "take a break", enjoy it...and if you should like to come back occasionally, even if only to say hello, know that you will always be welcome...like a Legend should.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
y’know, might consider doing uTube videos for use in the stickies here, maybe combining written narrative for some of the procedures (many familiar to fellow oldsters from ’02). Get your granddaughter to do the camera work.

have always appreciated your calm responses and detailed instructions.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Joe
Like all the others have said, "stuff happens" and it is not worth beating yourself up over. I followed you from the early days and when a question was posted that was not readily responded to, my thought was "I'll bet Joe is pondering this one and he will respond shortly!" More often than not that was the case. I bailed from the forum some years back because of some trash talk and partly because I thought boating and technology had passed me by. But I eventually convinced myself to "take a peak" now and then with the idea that I would participate only in areas that I was still reasonably certain about. There is not a person on this forum that has not made a mistake in response. So from one old phart to another, remember this -- If one can't find the car keys that does not mean there is a memory problem. If you find them and don't know what to do with them -- that's probably when a chat with the Doc is necessary. (I'm making an appointment today!) :) Please check in periodically.

Willyclay

Captain
Joe, thanks for all your encouragement to me and countless others who have learned so much from your posts! Best regards, Bill

TN-25

Chief Petty Officer
Joe, we appreciate your contributions to this site. There are a number of, dare I say, elderly veterans that are still as active here as they can be. You do whatever you see fit and is best for you. Take it one day at a time.

Experience like the kind you and other seasoned contributors to this site are incomparable and valuable. Thank You!
The fact that you are considerate enough to issue a heads-up merely reinforces the kind of positive character you are.

Trying to contribute and to draw from your experience may actually be helping your mental faculties, so consider that as well.

Not that I have ever seen you complain, but it bears repeating: "never complain about getting old, many do not have the privilege."

rothfm

Ensign
Like others im Sad to read Joes post. Ive been on here quite awhile and know joe is such a quality, sincere person.

I hope you do what feels best to you. But know you really like these forums and had a passion. Someone mentioned some sticky Youtube vids. I hope you dont go or find something like that.

You have helped me soooo much, I will miss your very accurate posts and replies.

Yes, we all have our moment and then some! Please dont take it to heart and leave us Joe.l.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Joe, we all make mistakes, we all mis-type something, we all get jumbled up in things as most of us are juggling multiple forums - jobs - project, etc., and sometimes we all have brain farts.....

if you need a break, take one, however we will be here when you get back.

sam am I

Commander

We all need to find and then build our own trails, build the one you enjoy Joe.........

Last edited:

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Im glad you only said C'ya, its when someone says Bye they really wont be back at all.
Drop in for a fish, if you ever get this way, your inputs always being appreciated down at the bottom of the world here in New Zealand

merkdawg0084

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Joe,hate to see you go,but only you know what's best for you. I haven't worked on alot of motors over the years maybe 8 tops, but you've helped me on just about every one of them Thank you sir!! May God bless you..

clanton

Rear Admiral
Joe:
Hang in there, take a deep breath, and relax a little. I know hard to relax from a lifetime of work. I don`t post much anymore, just face to face. Double check side effects of meds you take. At least post and let us know how you are doing. I just got out of 3 day hosp yesterday.