FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When I tilt my engine up all the way , or even half way it will in a few hours or overnight come back down by itself. There is no sighn of leakage from the tilt or trim pistons. Is this a matter of low fluid? What type of fluid does it take?
When I tilt my engine up all the way , or even half way it will in a few hours or overnight come back down by itself. There is no sighn of leakage from the tilt or trim pistons. Is this a matter of low fluid? What type of fluid does it take?
That sounds like fluid leaking past the piston and wouldn't show up on the outside.. I think my book just calls for 10w-30 but I would check with a dealer. Go to the library and check out a chilton or clymer manual...........Jerry
You might have air in the system. Like jebeebe said, might want to find a manual.
For fluid, you get get T/T fluid. Some use ATF and I use 5-20 oil in mine.