Tilt/trim compatibility question.

Asainz320

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello guys!
I have a 1989 150hp yamaha which blew a rod. I just just got a replacement outboard for my boat, a 1996 225hp Salwater Series yamaha. My question is, can i use the same ram system from the 150 and put it on the 225? I know it sounds like a dumb question but they seem to have exactly the same dimensions. Maybe not the same power perhaps? lol i dont know. What do you guys think?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt/trim compatibility question.

post the model numbers of both engines.

Asainz320

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey rodbolt!! How you doing man? Hope everythings good. Havent been here for a while, i just got another engine for the summer so i'll be here more often now lol. I'll post the model numbers when i have a chance to go where i have the boat and engines. Thanks a lot for your quick reply. So im guessing by your reply that in some case it could be done, that a 225 can use the same ram as a 150. Is this true?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dunno, thats why we need model numbers.
even if both are 2.6L motors its possible the valving for the hydralics are different.

Asainz320

Petty Officer 2nd Class

dunno, thats why we need model numbers.
even if both are 2.6L motors its possible the valving for the hydralics are different.

Thats what im afraid of. Maybe they look the same on the outside, but maybe the inside is very different. I'll give you the model numbers as soon as i can. Thanks again!