Tilt and Trim 150hp Mercury v6

Dukedog

Captain
My trim is bleeding off and I have used the relief valve to let air out and I seen fluid coming out of the middle of the reservoir where the top connects to the bottom. How fast are you supposed to let the motor drop when letting off pressure? It still works like it should up and down but it just bleeds off. I think I need to replace the orings in it.
ya ask and answered your question in this first post.......... jus replace tha word o-ring with rebuild kits..... only cure for tha tnt system when they start "bleeding off"...

DKPZ64

Cadet
ya ask and answered your question in this first post.......... jus replace tha word o-ring with rebuild kits..... only cure for tha tnt system when they start "bleeding off"...
yeah I figured that, but still no one answered my question "How fast should you let the motor come down when letting of pressure with the relief valve?"

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It will drop slower when in the water, than when on the trailer. That will vary depending on how much resistance the Prop provides, Factors there are Blade Area, Pitch, and whether the Engine is in Gear or Neutral. Personally when I was running the Engine with an almost Dead Battery, I just opened it enough to lower the Motor. Once it was at the Top of the Trim Range, I would close the Manual Release Valve, then rope-start the Motor and the Alt would then power the Trim Pump. Raising up by Hand, I would open the Valve Fully, simply to reduce the Resistance, then once the Tilt Lock was in place, close the Valve