FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an 1988 Maxum (Bayliner) with rack and pinion steering that is a little sloppy. I know I can add a bushing of some sort to tighten things up at the transom, but is there any way to adjust/tighten the actual rack part of things?
It's play in the steering wheel. I looked and it's about 3/16 - 1/4 inch at the end of the steering arm. The steering arm through to the gimbal housing seems ok. I'll probably just put a bushing at th eend of the cable to tighten that up and call it a day. I'm just picky and it'd be nice to have it tighter.