Thunder over Louisville

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Thunder over Louisville

heck of a good time... trip back was rough.... 10 mph water speed and 4 mph ground speed up river and up wind for 10 miles ..... 45 degrees when we pulled the anchor and 39 when we got on the trailer 2 1/2 hours later....
5 gals nice n warm down below and 2 guys shivering topside!

C C C C COLD!

littlerayray

Lieutenant

at least you were on your boat grrrrrrrr i cant wait to take mine out

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

well not MY boat, but if you read my sig thread on the monte carlo I was on the one I bought for my engines that my buddy bought from me and fixed up.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

... trip back was rough....

I have a friend with a slip at River Park Marina, the new downtown marina on the Kentucky side. So that I didn't have to risk the wakes and debris on a long nighttime trip back to Tartan's Landing, I stayed overnight on my 21' Sea Ray cuddy next to my buddy's houseboat in his slip. Coming home this morning, the river from the marina about to Cox Park was FULL of boat-wrecking logs, many floating broadside to the current. What kind of debris did you encounter last night?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

We put in at Charlestown state park (just past 12 mile island) The debris was the reason the trip took so long and we had to both stand and stare at the water to avoid all the logs.... biggest we say was about 80 feet long... right at the ramp.... If I had taken my own boat I would certainly have overnighted in a marina and come home this afternoon in the sunshine at 40 mph instead of 4 mph last night.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here's a boat wrecker I saw this morning not too far from the Charlestown ramp:

Ohio River Debris.jpg

chriscraft254

Commander

I am really REALLY glad I decided to stay on shore, and I don't say that very often. Just to cold,would have had a new crew member and she likes the sun. lol Think the first day of the season on the water will be worth waiting a week or two. I hope the water receeds soon. One good thing about the flood is it should clean alot of debris out of here.

One outdrive broken from a log, hope to have better luck this season. Will give you a call smoke when I get her wet. Ohh, and wheres the pics of the fireworks?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I recorded the whole thing only to realize I couldn't do anything with the vid so I deleted it... ugh... didn't take one single pic of em tho..... DOH!

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I recorded the whole thing only to realize I couldn't do anything with the vid so I deleted it... ugh... didn't take one single pic of em tho..... DOH!

here is a shot off the stern of where the fireworks were gonna be...:faint2:
569.jpg