Throttle

dean1953

Cadet
Have a 2001 cobia 174. Was running great today. Then it did not want to shift to reverce. Got it working, then when loading boat would not start. Not in neutral. Kept shifting back and forth till it got a spot and started. I'm asking how to remove the throttle and shift unit? Removed the four screws, do you have to remove the handle to get the cover off?

dean1953

Cadet
Got the cover off the shift unit. Really do not see anything wrong. Is there a nuteral switch inside this unit?

dean1953

Cadet
shift and speed control

2001 90hp Yamaha. Engine will not start. Can hold key on and shift control back and forth and will catch a spot and start. Is there a switch inside unit for neutral position? This happened when I was on the water, stopped at the dock. Ran fine all day. All linkage looks good. Trying to get some feedback before tearing into unit any more than I have. Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Is there a switch inside unit for neutral position?

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Yes there is,... look for the yellow/ red wires,....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard, Dean. Merged two of your threads and deleted another. One thread is more than enough.