throttle question

wingman74

Cadet
I have a 2000 glastron gx185 this is the first inboard i have ever owned. I have had many outboards. To me the throttle ratio is way off. When you get to the point where you are coming off idle it is like an inch or two of move ment to full throttle. Is that normal? It seems to me that its too quick and make is hard to pull skiers and tubes and find that sweet spot.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Sounds like the throttle cable is anchored in the wrong location at the remote

wingman74

Cadet
It a volvo penta 4.3 and sx drive. I have found that the last owners mechanic was an auto mechanic. Wrong plugs, wrong oil filter, wrong plug wires. and he put a single post starter and bypassed the fuel pump relay. Its also should have a rochester two barrel and it has been changed to a holley marine carb. 170009. After putting the correct plugs in it , it runs way better. Now I will need to dig into the throttle linkage. There is only one hole in the carb shaft to connect too. I was hoping it would be like the some of my racecar carbs and have multiple holes but it doesn't. I bet the carb change caused the short ration problem.