Throttle Lever Replacement

CapriBX

Seaman
I have a 2001 Bayliner Capri BX2150. The throttle control lever is the original and kind of looking a little rough. Is there a direct replacement or suggested one?

kenny nunez

Captain
If it is a Bayliner it is probably not a genuine Mercury Marine control. Most likely that style is not made anymore. You may have to have it bead blasted and powder coated.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Yeah it will be an OEM merc - have never seen parts sold for them so likely you will need controller. After seeing the price I bet your old one looks better. IF it is cosmetic on the handle look at some of the plastic spray paints they have or paint made to restore black plastic car parts like bumpers and hit it with a rattle can

CapriBX

Seaman
Yeah it will be an OEM merc - have never seen parts sold for them so likely you will need controller. After seeing the price I bet your old one looks better. IF it is cosmetic on the handle look at some of the plastic spray paints they have or paint made to restore black plastic car parts like bumpers and hit it with a rattle can

So, this one doesn't have the trailer button..

dave8311

Seaman
Pretty sure that's a dual function switch.

Press a little for trim, press harder for trailer.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
So, this one doesn't have the trailer button..
As mentioned trailer is the second detent on up button. If you have one with a separate trailer button i doubt its original to the boat. Last boat i had with separate trailer button was a 1991

CapriBX

Seaman
This is what is on the boat.
IMG_0501.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpeg
    IMG_0500.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

dubs283

Vice Admiral
That is a mercury brand remote control. Guessing commander series, maybe 2000? 3000 is the one to avoid but yours is a good one

The trim system will allow the drivento fully raise by pressing the trailer button pictured. Its mid handle, below the trim switch

If everything is working properly keep it. You're not likely to find a comparable quality remote for very cheap

dave8311

Seaman
Pretty sure he was asking about replacing his, with this one.

No trailer button.control.jpg

Attachments

• control.jpg
    control.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 2

CapriBX

Seaman
If the one on there is considered good quality, then I’ll just keep it. Maybe grease it up a little inside.