Thoughts on Magpuls???

ezbtr

Commander
Just got six for my new family member - not metal ones Im used to but heard great stuff from tons of folks

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I use Lancer for no other reason than my buddy recommended them. I buy the smoked ones so I can see the rds...
I believe Magpuls are very good too. I think my speedoader is a Magpul...

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Magpuls are great. I have a number of Glock pistols and I use Magpuls for all of them. For each I have 2 Glock mags that came with the guns and the rest of my mags are Magpuls. I have 20 Magpul mags for each gun. They are composite not metal but they are tough and indestructible. I saw a video on Magpul and the guy drove his truck over 2 Magpul mags , put them in his gun and emptied both mags. No problem, no damage (i obviously don’t recommend that) And so easy to take apart and clean should you want to. I have never had a single problem or hiccup with them. I have left a few loaded for 2 plus years and they work just fine. No spring weakening, just like new. I use Magpuls in my concealed carry, I trust my life on them, and that says it all.

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If you watch the Magpul history video I believe on Youtube by Magpul, they were a private company startup effort to deal with the nightmare of what happens on the standard specification aluminum magazines used on the M16/M4 series platforms by the US military for the when the metal body gets deformed in some way causing them to fail.

The Magpul PMag was developed with a lot of testing feedback from military use which shaped their research & development, production techniques and the type of materials used.

Magpul is probably one of the best choices for magazines (not the only choice) when it comes to weapons that use the STANAG, or Standard Agreement NATO mag design that is for the M16/M4 US military rifles.

In the last 5 years, a lot of "newer" non-semi auto rifle choices have came into the market in the US that take advantage of this standard.

Ruger American Ranch Gen 2 & Gen 3 and now recently the Henry Lever Action Supreme.

I gotta say running a lot of rounds in a .223 Rem/5.56mm NATO or 300 blackout lever gun like a Marlin or Winchester 30-30 would be an enjoyable arm and elbow exercise workout.

ezbtr

Commander
If you watch the Magpul history video I believe on Youtube by Magpul, they were a private company startup effort to deal with the nightmare of what happens on the standard specification aluminum magazines used on the M16/M4 series platforms by the US military for the when the metal body gets deformed in some way causing them to fail.

The Magpul PMag was developed with a lot of testing feedback from military use which shaped their research & development, production techniques and the type of materials used.

Magpul is probably one of the best choices for magazines (not the only choice) when it comes to weapons that use the STANAG, or Standard Agreement NATO mag design that is for the M16/M4 US military rifles.

In the last 5 years, a lot of "newer" non-semi auto rifle choices have came into the market in the US that take advantage of this standard.

Ruger American Ranch Gen 2 & Gen 3 and now recently the Henry Lever Action Supreme.

I gotta say running a lot of rounds in a .223 Rem/5.56mm NATO or 300 blackout lever gun like a Marlin or Winchester 30-30 would be an enjoyable arm and elbow exercise workout.
Iv'e now got at least six for each of my new babies.... ;) and speed loaders