Thoughts on Boston Whaler Revenge 22?

jeffconnell12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I continue to read conflicting reviews on the Revenge 22 cuddy cabin and I'm looking for some unbiased reviews..

This boat will be used for daily cruising trips in the pacific northwest (vancouver BC), day fishing trips for salmon, occasional lake trips and 2-3 times a year overnighters to coastal areas like desolation sound.

I am looking for a sturdy boat that I can tow with relative ease.

My biggest concern is the low freeboard and lack of transom on this hull. When trolling for salmon how likely is the deck to be swamped?

What are your thoughts?

thanks!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
if the whaler isnt water-logged like whalers become, even if you swamped it, it would float even cut in half.

if the whaler is water-logged, it will sink.

so my thought is, what condition is the hull in?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I'm not a fan for the issues your noted, but a lot of guys like them.

The transom parts isn't that big of an issue to me. My current boat has an "open" transom, not as open as the Rampage, but have never had water get past the motor well. Floors stay dry

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Thoughts along the answers provided to this post, what is the problem with the Boston Whaler Revenge hull, absorbing water? I thought the BW hull was bullet proof....has survived the test of time in probably some of the harshest environments one would encounter.