Thoughts on a 2003 Crownline 212 DB?

guitarjesus

Cadet
Hey boating folks, Jeff here.

My wife and I are looking at a 2003 Crownline 212 DB, 5.0 Mercruiser with Bravo 3 dual prop in the Southern California area. It looks like a nice boat, hull is clean, gel coat looks good,has dual bimini tops and a wake tower along with an extended stern swim platform.

There is some spider cracking above deck on the fiberglass around cup holders, instrument panel, sink, etc. Believe it has around 350 or so hours on the original non-rebuilt engine. Dealer asking 29,500.

Now, 2 years ago I know that would have been an outrageous price but times are different. Boats are selling for insane prices. All things being equal, is this just a stupid price to pay for that type of boat? My wife really likes this boat, as do I, but I'll admit my boat education is pretty light.

Any tips, recommendations are greatly valued. I've picked up a lot just browsing the forums before actually joining.

Cheers!

crownline boat.jpg

mike_i

Ensign
I just did a search to see what the boat looks like and saw several for thousands cheaper. I didn't compare the details that may explain the difference in price. Hopefully someone is familiar with this make and model boat that can answer your questions. You may want to post pictures of the spider cracks. What part of So Cal are you in?

tpenfield

Staff member
Welcome to iBoats . . .

The price does seem crazy. Crownline is a decent mid-tier boat, as are many other brands. Keep in mind that the boat is 18 years old, so the actual condition of the boat is most relevant.

Maybe look around and see what else you can find.

guitarjesus

Cadet
I just did a search to see what the boat looks like and saw several for thousands cheaper. I didn't compare the details that may explain the difference in price. Hopefully someone is familiar with this make and model boat that can answer your questions. You may want to post pictures of the spider cracks. What part of So Cal are you in?
Didn't get pictures of that while I was there. Unfortunately there aren't many Crownline deck boats on the market so it's sort of an anomaly trying to price them out in some regards. But yeah, I feel the price is high.

guitarjesus

Cadet
Welcome to iBoats . . .

The price does seem crazy. Crownline is a decent mid-tier boat, as are many other brands. Keep in mind that the boat is 18 years old, so the actual condition of the boat is most relevant.

Maybe look around and see what else you can find.
I agree, price does seem high, unfortunately the only Crownline deck boats in that vintage I'm finding for sale are private party, so the prices are obviously going to be disparate.