THIS SHOULD BE IN ENGINE FAQ..... but it won't let me post it..

jbowling

Cadet
So, I just purchased a 1989 18.5' Bowrider. Berretta with a 3.4 L mercruiser. Haven't got all the specs on the drive yet. This boat is perfect size for my garage and fits me to the T. The engine is a 4cyl, and although I was looking at at V8 this will keep me in my weekend budget on gas. Ok, that is that, but I may want a little more power out of it. How would you guys go about it? If you need more specs, I will post them soon.
-BOX

jbowling

Cadet
Re: THIS SHOULD BE IN ENGINE FAQ..... but it won't let me post it..

Here are some pics of her. BTW her name is Dixie Drifter right now. Holding a vote with the proper people (girlfriend, roommates) to change it. Proper service will be done to change the name

Attachments

• mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 0
  • mail-4.jpeg
    mail-4.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mail-3.jpeg
    mail-3.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • mail-6.jpeg
    mail-6.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes that section is locked. ........ So what is the frustration :confused:

tschmidty

Chief Petty Officer

It's not really a FAQ question. First, is it a 3.0, 3.7 or 4.3 mercruiser. Don't recall a 3.4 off hand. There is not a lot of ways to get more power and certainly not many that are going to make much of a difference.

jbowling

Cadet

Bob_VT: Sorry but it wasn't meant as frustration. tschmidty: It is a 3.0, must have mistyped that by accident. I was just wondering if later on down the road, weither a prop change might help. Anyways I have a few towables and it gets them out of the water just fine and usually have myself and a three or four friends aboard and it gets out of the water and planes just fine so maybe I shouldn't mess with success. It was just a thought.
-BOX