This one is from yesterday :)

Viper

Cadet
Went to Mark Twain Lake in Northern Missouri yesterday. It was about 30 foot above normal pool. All my favorite launching ramps were closed so I went to one of them that was open.<br /><br />Anyway, the normal ramp is about 20 foot under water. The only way to launch your boat is on the access to the ramp. Even then you have to back down into the water so you have about 8 inches of water just outside the pickup door. No problems putting in or taking out, but the guy next to me :) .<br /><br />There were some waves kicking up and it was a chore putting the boat up. The guy next to me backed out about 10 feet further than he should have with his little 12 foot fiberglass runabout. His buddy was in the boat. Just as soon as he got about half way off the trailer a wave broke over the back of his boat and he was headed toward the bottom at a 45 degree angle. His buddy then pulled on up the ramp and the next thing you know, here comes another wave and down the boat goes all the way to the bottom. (Not too bad though, because he hit bottom in about 3 feet of 63 degree water. Waves breaking into his boat.<br /><br />All were ok. Anyway, here the guy has waves breaking into his boat and he grabs a plastic pickle bucket an starts bailing. Getting no where.<br /><br />Helped them by lifting the boat as much as we could, bailing out some more water and walking it up to dry land where he could bail it out some more. Tried the engine and it ran fine. Away they went and away I went.

skier

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: This one is from yesterday :)

I swear that there are times that you just want to put a sign on them that says "Too Stupid To Live".<br /><br />Craig

mocats

Recruit
Re: This one is from yesterday :)

i;m from the mo area and wanted to fish for flatheads @ mark twain lake. heard behind the reregulation dam was good sometimes. do you know any good arms on the lake?