Thinking of buying a Hurricane SS 202 OB - Help!

gus13letter

Cadet
Hello,
I am thinking to buy a 2007 Hurricane fully loaded SunDeck Sport 202 OB from a friend. The boat has the 150 Yamaha 4 stroke with 43 hours on it and seems to be a perfect boat for my needs, but wanted to ask others and see what they have to say. I will be using it mostly inthe Gulf of Mexico out of the Clearwater, FL area. Going out to the islands which are about 2 - 3 miles out and cruising the intercoastal waters. Everything is perfect about the boat and the price is right too.

My only concern is that the ride will be rough and wet. Any comments or feedback would be greatly appriciated. I have thought to buy a dual console, but my friends boat has it all including the extended waranty for another few years and dont want to pass up the deal. However, if it is a rough wet ride and wont be enjoyable, then t is not the boat for me.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant
Re: Thinking of buying a Hurricane SS 202 OB - Help!

Gus.....

I don't know the types of water you'll be out in so I'm not the right guy to comment.

I run my 188 in choppy water but on an inland lake. It will hit a little harder than a V hull, but nothing ridiculous. Again, the chop size will impact that.

With chop, you can in fact get some water spray so there is potential. Your comment was you'd be using it fair weather, and if the case you may be just fine.

Can you take it for a test ride? That's your best bet to be sure. Do you have a current boat and if so, what type/hull design are you comparing it to?

Hope this helps.

A few other Hurricane guys may comment tonite.

gus13letter

Cadet
Re: Thinking of buying a Hurricane SS 202 OB - Help!

Gus.....

I don't know the types of water you'll be out in so I'm not the right guy to comment.

I run my 188 in choppy water but on an inland lake. It will hit a little harder than a V hull, but nothing ridiculous. Again, the chop size will impact that.

With chop, you can in fact get some water spray so there is potential. Your comment was you'd be using it fair weather, and if the case you may be just fine.

Can you take it for a test ride? That's your best bet to be sure. Do you have a current boat and if so, what type/hull design are you comparing it to?

Hope this helps.

A few other Hurricane guys may comment tonite.

I took it for a ride in the bay yesterday and did better than I expected. It was choppy 1 - 2 but where I plan to use it, it can be 2 - 3 ft at times. There are pontoon boats at the islands along with flats boats so I dont see it being a problem, but I just want to be sure before making the purchase.

No I do not have a bot now. I used to have center consoles, but now looking for a family boat.