FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am looking at a MK powerdrive 55# 54in shaft 12V for $430. I am planning on bow mounting it on my 16' Starcraft with a 60hpJohnny V-aluminum. Does this sound like a decent fit??? <br /> <br />Thanks for any input.<br />Karrick
Sounds good to me too.<br /><br />If you can swing the $, think about th coPilot remote control. A friend of mine got on last year and it is so convenient. Comes in handy when fighting a fish.
It's always nice to hear a testimonial before purchasing something. Thanks KM2<br /><br />Roscoe, I'm lucky to be buying this one. I'm trying to sell my old 12'john boat in order to pay for the new troller. At a price of $650 for the Copilot I think I will steer with my toes for awhile
karrick,<br /><br />The copilot is only about a $150 add-on to the tm. I have the same setup on my 3200 lb bowrider. You should have plenty of power with your rig. I'll add that the copilot is the best $150 that I ever spent! It's fantastically convenient and a great help when solo in the boat fighting fish. <br /><br />BTW, $430 sounds like a great price for this motor.
I'd check that price out further. Something doesn't smell right. Websites have been known to make mistakes. I paid the full $149 retail price at a dealer last July for the copilot add-on to my MK Powerdrive 55 AP.