They just don't listen

FLATHEAD

Captain
Today I worked with a new guy. Heck of a nice guy, good worker too. Only thing!! When I work I like to keep it as neat as possible. <br /><br />Part of our job today involved tearing out some cabinets that were fastened to a block wall with cut nails. I told the guy clean up as you go and throw everything away so we are not tripping over it. Half hour later as I am backing up, holding one end of a 15 foot counter top, wham a cut nail right through the boot into the foot. :mad: I coulda rung his neck.<br /><br />Tetnis is up to date so I figure I will just have to limp around like a fool for a few days. Right now I have an ice cold bud and the foot is on ice. I forgot how painful a nail in the foot can be.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: They just don't listen

Been there done that, geez that's painful, i hope you feel better soon :(

crab bait

Captain

AHHH,MAN..!! been there an will someday probably go back..<br /><br />got two words... epson salts..<br /><br />yeah a puncture in the foot is really a bummer..<br /><br />everytime it's ever happened,,, always get blood poison ..<br /><br />heck with the steel toe's...!!! i need steel soles..!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea a man feels like getting some of them wooden shoes the Dutch wear sometimes.<br /><br />Sorry to hear FH. <br />Hope it gets better real soon and ditto on the epson salt.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

OUCH! Stepped on a few nails, even a drywall screw, but never a cut nail... Dang! That has to hurt.... :eek: <br /><br />
heck with the steel toe's...!!! i need steel soles..!!
Wonder if'n kevlar would work?...

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I hope you let him know why you keep your area clean now. Ah, he probably won't listen until he gets one in his foot also. Or maybe trip and fall and land on one. <br /><br />I use to drywall for awhile. We was putting up 5/8 x 12' sheetrock once. An electrician left a piece of conduit about 4" long on the floor. I stepped on it while I was on my stilts. What a ride. I was sore for a week. Oh, the electrician at the end of the day had a tool pouch full of sheetrock dust. :D <br /><br />Just put duct tape over it and you'll be fine Flathead..........just joking

FLATHEAD

Captain

Yeah I guess I'll live! Done worse thats for sure. I think the guy felt real bad about it and I am sure he will try to pick up any debris from now on when we work together. A clean work area is a safe work area.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Oh yeah! That does smart!<br />I (abt 30years ago),stepped on one that popped-thru my shoe, into my foot. In reaction, I quickly slammed my other foot down hard to catch my wieght....Right on another nail. They had to carry me to the doc, becuase I wasn't putting any more feet on the ground for at least a week!<br />I feel yor pain bro!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ouch FH! hope you can at least get a couple days<br />off with pay and go fishing.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Several years ago at work I was coming back from a coal handling check. Middle of winter and the ground frozen. Wide open area and I find the only welding rod in the whole area that was sticking straight up. Went to the hospital next day to get it cleaned out and T-shot. Yep...hurts like all git out.<br /><br />Keep the Buds coming FlatHead....nothing like good meds to make a body feel better. :D