THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A "COLD ONE" AT THE LAKE!

the jimmer

Recruit
I thought that might get some attention. Please give me some Info. <br /><br />I need some ideas from some veterans of boat restoration. I have a '73 Arrow Glass cheetah, fiberglass, 17 footer. From the water-line down, I want to paint a simple white, but how do I set up the boat to spray. I need some clever ideas, as many as possible. I have an A-frame to lift up the boat if I have to and a paint booth to spray the boat in, but please give some input on the set-up to a desperate man, who needs to get on the lake soon. By the way, it's a tri-hull. I would appreciate any suggestions. The Jimmer, a first time boat owner. :confused:

Re: THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A "COLD ONE" AT THE LAKE!

click on the Finally Started my Project Whaler link, its a 40 year old boat that looks, if anything, better than new<br /><br />complete work up, also search for "skanky beast", both of these have complete write ups on the process.<br /><br />Finally, get "Runabout Renovation" by Jim Anderson<br /><br />youll be all set<br /><br /> :cool:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A "COLD ONE" AT THE LAKE!

If the boat is gutted, it is not unreasonable to flip it, but even gutted it will be heavy. Rolling it on some tires works, then placing it on good supports is the ticket. It will be much less suffering if you can flip it, but if you can't, you will need to support it. I don't recommend hanging it and working underneath it, I don't want to read about someone getting crushed. Maybe placing it on supports, prep and paint, let cure, then move supports and prep/paint the areas you couldn't get to because of the supports. I am not a paint expert so hopefully others who have painted a heavy hull can chime in. Good luck and be safe....