"The World Is Not Enough"

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
That is a name of a boat or I should say yacht. I saw this rascal on the travel channel. OOOOhhhhh yeah baby. 140' with a 28' beam. Two 3,000hp diesels and two big turbines. This baby gets up and planes out! WOT is 70+!! Be real cool if someone can find some pics. Did anyone else see this?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: "The World Is Not Enough"

Yeah, I saw it. I'd hate to pay the fuel bill on that baby!

biloxiriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, those big 'uns are nice to look at, but the upkeep would be some kinda scary. But if ya can afford to buy it you can probably afford the fuel and upkeep too.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

They have some pretty fast ferrys like that in Hong Kong.<br /><br />Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I was wrong on the hp of the diesels, it is 5500hp and the turbines are 6800hp each. All power going to jet nozzles.

Triton II

Commander

Here's a pic.
140_bow.jpg

Dunaruna

Admiral

You should see the engine room in that monster...............<br /><br />
rta96c_crank.jpg
<br /><br />Aldo

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Man not even in my wildest dreams...I need to expand the horizon of my dreams. You know what they say if your gonna dream, dream big!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Definately not a vessel destined for Florida's waterways. I can see it now.... The FFWC with thier three-mill contender, in hot pursuit of that beasty, for speeding in a mantatee zone! :D <br />PS: It sure looks better without all that ice hanging off of it.<br />Could you immagine that thing hitting a submerged log at speed? 200 tons of flotsam!

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

apparently that engine produces almost 109000hp, at 100rpm! look up du-sulzer, its one of theirs. make em for container ships

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I found their website www.millenniumsuperyachts.com <br /><br />Don't get confused on that engine pic, that is not it. This boat is super light made of a honeycomb construction. The travel channel is showing it again on March 13th at 7 pm est.<br /><br />It is listed as the millenninum 140

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Lemme' know when you get her SS.....I'll personnely supply the Longneck Bud for her launch.....can't spell chrisening?????

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Didn't they do a story on those engines on the History Channel, lark? I remember seeing it on the tube. Wouldn't want the fuel bill..... :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Can you imagine changing the oil, the bill for that alone would bankrupt me. The fuel lines on that rascal would hold enough fuel for my seasons usage. <br /><br />Can you imagine that engine throwing a rod? Wouldn't want to be around for that to happen.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Wonder what glow plugs are like. Is that them on top with the tubes going into them? :eek:

one more cast

Captain

I went on a field trip with my step son to the see the statue of liberty and also boarded a cargo ship. We had breakfast on the ship and then they gave us a tour. Those engines are even more awesome in real life.