The Scumbag Side of Professional Wrestling?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- Investigators are looking into who altered pro wrestler Chris Benoit's Wikipedia entry to mention his wife's death hours before authorities discovered the bodies of the couple and their 7-year-old son.

Benoit's Wikipedia entry was altered early Monday to say that the wrestler had missed a match two days earlier because of his wife's death.

A Wikipedia official, Cary Bass, said Thursday that the entry was made by someone using an Internet protocol address registered in Stamford, Connecticut, where World Wrestling Entertainment is based.

An IP address, a unique series of numbers carried by every machine connected to the Internet, does not necessarily have to be broadcast from where it is registered. The bodies were found in Benoit's home in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, and it's not known where the posting was sent from, Bass said.

Benoit strangled his wife and son during the weekend, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home, authorities said. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

Wikipedia - Chris Benoit

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer
Re: The Scumbag Side of Professional Wrestling?

This whole episode just seems so strange...I wonder if it really was murder, suicide. Perhaps the scene was staged to look that way...

OR Maybe I just watch too much CSI and stuff :)

rwise

Captain

they have not convinced me that all this is not a publicity stunt (all fake)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

they have not convinced me that all this is not a publicity stunt (all fake)
I feel the same way........ and it is strange.