The Pledge of Allegiance is alive and well

Alrobot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you remember the "9th Circus Court" post of a few months ago. I stated I would stand every day with my kindergarden daughter and recite the Pledge of Allegiance outside her school if I had to. Well Praise God, I was able to stand with her INSIDE her classroom and recite the Pledge of Allegiance with her. I thank the lord for school officials have the frame of mind to keep it in my school district.<br /><br />Al...

Emby

Seaman Apprentice
Re: The Pledge of Allegiance is alive and well

Glad to hear that Al.<br /><br />I was a Cub Scout leader (1st-5th grade boys) for many years. Flag ceremonies are common and expected, and at some time every year, I made sure the following was one of our presentations. I still can't get through it without tears coming near the end.<br /><br />==========<br /><br />I am the Sign<br />-------------<br /><br />Set up:<br />1) American Flag at front.<br />2) Tell all to please be quiet for the reading.<br />3) Dim lights.<br />4) Have flashlights shine on flag.<br /><br />I am the sign of the United States, from the past to the present.<br /><br />When I was at Valley Forge in the cold of winter, I saw perseverance and loyalty for the cause of freedom.<br /><br />When war again threatened the country, I represented the right of the people not to be threatened by foreign powers, and that freedom stands today.<br /><br />I was present as the Louisiana Territory opened and pioneers settled and stretched west past the Mississippi River.<br /><br />I was present as fighting took place in Texas and even as gold was discovered in California.<br /><br />As our country was torn by civil war, I was also there. And a proclamation of freedom began a new life for people who had lived in slavery.<br /><br />The gold spike was driven into the rails at Promontory, Utah and the opening of the West by railroad had started. I continued to watch.<br /><br />I was present in a year of prosperity, yet filled with sorrow as one of the finest ships ever built sunk in the north Atlantic waters.<br /><br />I was present in a new frontier that began preparations for the space program, and now you see space shuttles making new discoveries with each voyage.<br /><br />And I am the sign of your country today. I ask and encourage all to unite in supporting the ideals of the country that stands for all.<br /><br />Please stand with me and honor the flag of freedom, the flag of free men, the flag of The United States of America.<br /><br />(Begin Pledge of Allegiance)