The perfect boat

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: The perfect boat

My brother in law thinks because I buy it he can borrow it the only time he calls me is to borrow something the last time he borrow something it was 3 months before I saw it again and that was a tool, the day he calls for my boat will be a cold day in ---- well you know

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Why not save a bunch of work and just buy them a Yugo car?

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

IVAZ,
Does your wife hide your stuff in the name of "putting it away", and then totally forget where she put it? Then when you go ballistic looking for whatever it is she claims it's all YOUR fault?! Mine does......
But thankfully she knows that I would be waiting with a gun for them to come back (if I couldn't hunt them down while they were still using it) if she were to let her relatives borrow my boat.
She should be placed on the bad wife list for several days and expected to grovel and beg for forgiveness....:redface:
Thing is, my boat is old, my motor is old, and most folks wouldn't even know how to start it. And I like it that way.

Seriously, I like the lock on the hitch lever idea. I may try that one myself.
JBJ

Yep thats the same way my wife is. She's is on the bad wife list for a couple more days for sure.

IVAZ

Why not save a bunch of work and just buy them a Yugo car?

Hey that?s a great idea! I?m going to tell them it?s an amphibious vehicle. When they get to the launch ramp they can just nail the throttle straight into the water.

Old Gray Hair

Seaman Apprentice

Wow! I had a different set up with my brother in law.
Back when I used to duck hunt I would borrow his flat bottom "fishing Boat" with a little 15 horse outboard. Every season I borrowed it I had to take it to the boat shop and have the engine worked on to get it running and dependable. Put new bunks on the trailer or whatever. Then when I returned the boat it was in perfect running order. I followed this pattern every season till I stopped hunting. Then there were a few times I would borrow his Yamaha Rhino for a couple ATV jamborees. (Actually it is his grandfathers but he never returns it.) When we pick it up we have to go through the rhino changing fluids and making general repairs or fixing broken items. So as a result every time we return it, we return it in perfect working/reliable order. But get this: the last jamboree we used it at, he dropped it off to us at the jamboree with the brake pads worn out and screeching. The wife and I choose not to drive it and used our own four wheelers to get around instead. Then when we return it he was pissed because we did not repair it. Keep in mind we were at a adventure park out in the boonies with no repair parts. Go figure!!!

IVAZ

Wow! I had a different set up with my brother in law.
Back when I used to duck hunt I would borrow his flat bottom "fishing Boat" with a little 15 horse outboard. Every season I borrowed it I had to take it to the boat shop and have the engine worked on to get it running and dependable. Put new bunks on the trailer or whatever. Then when I returned the boat it was in perfect running order. I followed this pattern every season till I stopped hunting. Then there were a few times I would borrow his Yamaha Rhino for a couple ATV jamborees. (Actually it is his grandfathers but he never returns it.) When we pick it up we have to go through the rhino changing fluids and making general repairs or fixing broken items. So as a result every time we return it, we return it in perfect working/reliable order. But get this: the last jamboree we used it at, he dropped it off to us at the jamboree with the brake pads worn out and screeching. The wife and I choose not to drive it and used our own four wheelers to get around instead. Then when we return it he was pissed because we did not repair it. Keep in mind we were at a adventure park out in the boonies with no repair parts. Go figure!!!

Dude you wanna borrow a boat! I also have this old bronco you can tow it with lol.

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

All of this sounds like good justification to upgrade to a boat big enough that the in-laws can't tow it and a nice new truck to match. :)