The NHL

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: The NHL

I'm with ya, man. I'm not the biggest fan, but I do love watching my Wild. I could sometimes get my BIL's work season tickets and go to the games. Awesome seats. Maybe next year. I just hope the players, owners, and the NHL can come to some sort of agreement.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I am a Sabres fan since 1970. Always an also ran, but always hope. Greed...

gaugeguy

Captain

Bruins fan here, and I am missing it too. At least the AHL is playing, I have seen 3 Manchester Monarchs games so far.

KaGee

Admiral

Nope....Zero.....Notta....not a bit. :cool: <br /><br />Too bad the NBA can't join in.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Since I learned how to watch Hockey and Soccer I find NFL and Major League ball BORING!<br /><br />I still like to watch the Cowboys and the Rangers, but I LOVE to watch our Stars!<br /><br />I can fall asleep easily between action in a baseball or football game in the middle of the day, but I can watch NHL action 'til the wee hours without blinking.<br /><br />Now, NHL players and owners: Get your #$%^&*( act together, guys, or I'm gonna get FOX to start showing amatuer and minor league games. :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

For the hockey "purist", there is nothing like div. 1 college hockey. There isn't the clutching and grabbing that is in the pro game. It is constant offensive end to end hockey.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Islanders fan here.<br /><br />What the NHL and the players are doing to their fans, may just kill the league!<br /><br />I hope not!

sangerwaker

Commander

Easy ther, JB! Those were OUR Stars! That whole ordeal still ticks me off. I have many fond memories going to NORTH Stars games with my dad.<br /><br />Glad to see that you are enjoying them now.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Peace, sangerwalker.<br /><br />I was a NORTHSTARS fan before they became the Dallas Stars.<br /><br />Used to live out in the sticks west of the Twin Cities. I was thrilled when they moved here, but I can see why you weren't. :)

sangerwaker

Commander

Just givin you a hard time, JB. We have the Wild now (well, kinda) and I was pretty upset until their arrival. No pro hockey in MN just ain't right.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

The NHL should just dry up and leave I was a huge NHL fan but then the Whalers left Hartford and the NHL did not to a thing to help keep hockey here. Myself and a lot of fans here gave the NHL and Peter Karmonos owner of the Hurricanes the one finger salute, when the Whalers left. I hope the NHL suffers non-reveseable damage to the league. Hartford Quebec Winnapeg have lost teams that had large fan bases and the NHL did not care and moved teams to large southern cities that could care less about the sport. I hope the NHL rots..........

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Since I learned how to watch Hockey and Soccer I find NFL and Major League ball BORING!<br /><br />I still like to watch the Cowboys and the Rangers, but I LOVE to watch our Stars!<br /><br />I can fall asleep easily between action in a baseball or football game in the middle of the day, but I can watch NHL action 'til the wee hours without blinking.<br />I share the same feeling about the NFL JB, Got a bit tired of non stophype, and murderers being called heros. Too many "superstars" looking like bloody ****s. Come on NHL get it settled. :( <br />Now, NHL players and owners: Get your #$%^&*( act together, guys, or I'm gonna get FOX to start showing amatuer and minor league games. :mad: