The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

To all my friends at Iboats my next unemployment check will be my last. I am finally joining you hardworking Americans in the work force! I can now help you guys house criminals, pay for the homeless and give away free education and health care!!!!! On top of that, I get the bonus of paying taxes to the peoples republic of kalifornia so they can ban my love of firearms........

But all the great news aside, maybe now we can afford to finish our boat!!!!!!!!!!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Thrill good deal your post put you past the 666 even though Marlboro had to coax you, things will get better for you now, you event rounded the corner to a new page as Marlboro pointed out :D

Hijack

I just had to share this :) , my wife was kidding me calling this pic the son I never had
100_9104.jpg

That's my 4yr old Caity insisting on helping daddy with the stern drive for the Sea Gem . It is far from a staged pic, she insisted on helping, picked up a 3/8 and said "I'll Do it Daddy" . Man o man what a rip. Now if I could just get my 7yo son to actually show an interest lol.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Congratulations Thrill !!!!!!!
That is Great News, I didn't see it initially cause we where posting at the same time . BTW something was going on in the Supreme Court that would have an impact on gun laws nationwide towards our favor :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I can now help you guys house criminals, pay for the homeless and give away free education and health care!!!!! On top of that, I get the bonus of paying taxes to the peoples republic of kalifornia so they can ban my love of firearms........

LOL you would love my Facebook status today, can't post it here though it would probably get me banned for life:eek:, to political :D:D

thrillhouse700

Hahahaha I should get a facebook but then Id be one of "Those people" that I make fun of all the time......... What is the supreme court ruling that you speak of? Is it McDonald vs Chicago? If so I still need to read up on that. There are a billion threads on it on the gun forums but havent had a chance to read up yet.

I know that the Caliban Ammo ban is being fought right now by the calguns foundation which I can now gladly donate to.

If there are any California gun owners here I urge you to sign the petition to repeal the California ammo bans and join up at calguns. I won't Link as I am not sure it is allowed.

BTW thanks HVAC for the congrats and that pic is priceless. She will be a good one for sure. Now just make sure when shes growing up all the boys see the almighty 45-70 as a stern warning.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hahahaha I should get a facebook but then Id be one of "Those people" that I make fun of all the time......... What is the supreme court ruling that you speak of? Is it McDonald vs Chicago?

BTW thanks HVAC for the congrats and that pic is priceless. She will be a good one for sure. Now just make sure when shes growing up all the boys see the almighty 45-70 as a stern warning.

Yep Chicago, I caught a little of it on the radio, I need to follow up also.

With Facebook I always made fun of those on it too (wifey especially). Me getting an account was all iBoats fault :eek: they made a page lol. It has its good and bad points, Good points is I have reconnected with lots of old schoolmates, keep informed with events with the RNC. BAD POINTS OLD GIRLFRIENDS have found me and wifey isn't to happy :eek::(.

So New Job, are you still in automotive or have you switched professions to carpentry or boat building ?

Edit With Caity, I don't think I have to worry to much, with her little personality she is going to be the next Annie Oakley :D She'll be toting a 45-70 fending them off if they get to friskey, she has a very strong personality. She already has the little boys afraid of her and on the run :D

thrillhouse700

Good to know about the daughter..... surely puts dads mind at ease haha.

To answer your question yes I stayed in the automotive field. I thought about it pretty long and found a job (referred by a buddy) that is on the forbes top 100 companies to work for. According to him about a 100 times less stressful than working for Mercedes Benz. I could care less about some stupid status symbol name, that company is awful to work for. I was border line alcoholic, counted the minutes until I got off work so I could start drinking.

I took about an 8 dollar/hr pay cut but they have tons of work and its on commission. At Benz I was lucky to work on 2 cars per day and flag MAYBE 4 hours, so I will gladly take the pay cut. I also am guaranteed a base wage if they are slow. I am excited to start training and excited to make enough money to crawl out of debt.

Also can't wait until I can afford my next rifle :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

HIJACK!

Haven't been messing with boat stuff lately. Spring is just around the corner, although from the 28 degree temps the last 2 mornings, it's hard to believe.

I picked up this little 32x48x12 garden dump trailer on C/L yesterday for 30 bucks! Gonna work just fine behind my little tractor.

It's SUPPOSED to warm up to almost 70 here tomorrow, so my GF and I are planning on doing some yardwork. :D

gardentrailer1.jpg

gardentrailer2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

HIJACK!

Haven't been messing with boat stuff lately. Spring is just around the corner, although from the 28 degree temps the last 2 mornings, it's hard to believe.

I picked up this little 32x48x12 garden dump trailer on C/L yesterday for 30 bucks! Gonna work just fine behind my little tractor.

It's SUPPOSED to warm up to almost 70 here tomorrow, so my GF and I are planning on doing some yardwork. :D
[/quote]

Cool trailer BWR almost looks like the craftsman one I have. The dump feature is a great one to have, it makes life simple. I also picked up a sweeper for mine works great after you cut high grass or for picking up leaves in the fall .

OK, my turn to Hijack but I am going to stray from the norm and talk boats :eek:

Im posting here cause I don't want to take away from the restoration threads.

I was working on the Sea Gem this weekend , Here is the scenario, Very low budget, its OK to be all go and reliable , don't care to much about the show. Just ordered the new comp cam, bearings,gaskets etc...
With building the engine for her this week and the weather being in the 50's this weekend I desided to polish her so my daughter Caity (4) and I set out to make her shine.
finish1.jpg

As you can see it didn't come out 1/2 bad . Now here is the REAL Question, does it matter all that much if the gelcoat above the water line has some chipped off nicks , do I really need to repair it or can I just wax over it, or will the salt water penetrate the fiberglass and destroy it??????

Any Thoughts?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Humor Hijack

Ya know, it's strange how a compliment here in the USA takes on a whole new meaning in another country..Say Iraq..

In the USA, when somebody says "YOUR'E THE BOMB"..It's a GOOD thing.
In Iraq, errrr not soo much

:eek:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

zombies are cool.:p

LOL :D The name for this thread actually came from a joke between Thrillhouse and I one night when he was drinking a little and misread something I wrote about getting ready for hunting :D

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

60 degrees today and I still have not finished my basement makeover project from the winter. One more week and it is full blast on the boat, woohooooo:D

mphy98

Lieutenant

It's getting a little warmer here of late. 50 degrees today!!!!!!! Soon the snow will be gone for a while. Not finished with it yet, but soon. I am so looking forward to taking the covers off the boats and getting them ready for spring. It has been a LONG winter. Oh and by the way... does this qualify as a HIGHJACK? :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

VEGAS is BACK!

dang project after project with some work thrown in there has kept me busy like a mug for the last few weeks....missed you fellas! and no Im not gay! lol

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

HIJACK

this is what weve been messing with
all pics HERE

yefdog.jpg

BAJA 90 restored!

moregokartjunk-polaris-overhaul%20(10).jpg

BEFORE

GoKarts-DirtBikes-004.jpg

the POLARIS trail boss 250 circa 1980s

moregokartjunk-polaris-overhaul%20(22).jpg

I am going to Craigslist the....glaspar / 2 merc ss props 23p mirage and 25p laser...and (2) 75hp outboards etc pics of some of it in the above link

the gravedigger go kart will be sold for a profit......

yerf dog offroad go kart is loking awsome..we put some $10 5 point harnesses in...EBAY rocks....they are RCi brand $150 retail ea...camlock etc...added new frt hubs to fit on the new bigger tfr tires and rims....

my brother in law got a couple ATVs we prodded him into getting some! lol
so we had to pay the piper and help him restore the polaris...$350 on CL the other one was a chinese atv 110cc...needs minor work $350...hehehhe

the glaspar trailer is going to be reborn as an OHV offorad trailer...3 place 6ft x 15ft....$175 in parts and it will be complete (the new atv trailer) YIPPPEEE! so the glaspar project is DOA craigslist or glaspar G3 forum ....selling it....no title..

toot toot

Last edited:

thrillhouse700

LOL :D The name for this thread actually came from a joke between Thrillhouse and I one night when he was drinking a little and misread something I wrote about getting ready for hunting :D

I actually remember that oddly enough.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I actually remember that oddly enough.

Lol :D You see, I just drink all the time so I don't notice the difference :D

Hey Thrill when are you going to stop beating your self up over your paint job yourself up over your paint job? The job you and Lost cause looks GREAT!!!!!! I can only hope mine comes out as good.

Hows the new job treating you? all good I hope :)

Hey Vegas Good talking to ya before, Glad to see your alive and well I was starting to worry :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.