The golden BB (or pink slip) finally found me.

RogersJetboat454

Commander
Re: The golden BB (or pink slip) finally found me.

Sorry to hear about this. :(

Isn't it wonderful when a CEO and a board of fat cats can make the decision from their comfortable offices to send production over-seas, all because it would make for a better bottom line.:mad:

Good luck with the job hunt...

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

SUCKS ..... spent nearly two years looking for steady work.....good luck and yes start hustling the next job....I am thinking about moving over seas....has to be easier to find work

emoney

Commander

You're dead on, start looking for the "next one" today. There's no sense waiting until D-Day, and you'll have a much better chance of finding one that you want, as opposed to taking the first one that comes along. This could end up being a blessing in disguise as you may find a job that you like a whole lot better (even though I'm sure it doesn't seem like it now).

Good news is.....you're gonna have lots of time to work on the boat(s)!!!!!!

Splat

Lieutenant

Make sure to get yourself plenty of parting gifts between now and then too. anything that isn't bolted down.... and somethings that are. Lol

Sorry to hear about your loss tho.

Bill

nlain

Commander

That SUCKS, sorry to hear that, good luck on finding a new job, as said, start now, don't wait.

Sunset lake

Recruit

Sorry to hear that buddy - I make furniture from my house and I'm little slow but never miss working for someone else. Like the guys said start looking now but I'd be having my boat out alot in meantime -best of luck to you

aspeck

Staff member

Hey Spots, you can come up here and we can start a guiding service! What do you think? HA!:D:p

Sorry for the pending temporary unemployment ... chin up, something better will come along!

BTW, the thought of you in a pink slip just isn't quite right! :eek:

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer

All the best to you CN, and don't let it get you down too much. Look for another job, and remember the 19 years that you spent there were not a loss. They brought you 19 years closer to being on your boat every day.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys. Yeah, it stinks when someone is driving your ship from shore, runs it into a reef and then blames you. I tried to be buds with as many VPs as possible through the years so I have a few contacts in good positions but yes, it's an ugly market out there. I'm trying to not let it get to me as that won't do me or anybody else any good.

Gotta watch the freebie grab'n. They hired extra security to "protect" us. I'm going through the proper channels for the stuff I want, we'll see how that goes. I've had enough dealings with karma this week.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Spots, you can come up here and we can start a guiding service! What do you think? HA!:D:p

Sorry for the pending temporary unemployment ... chin up, something better will come along!

BTW, the thought of you in a pink slip just isn't quite right! :eek:

You're on!:)

Thanks!

Eww.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Your positive attitude will land you a new job in no time. Good Luck!!!

mscher

Lieutenant

A 20% increase in quarterly revenue, may not mean much of anything, especially in the printing businesss, whose days are numbered anyway.

I was surprised that gift wrapping paper, was even still printed in the U.S.

I have been fired from more jobs, than layed off from, but I always make sure that a better opportunity arises from it.

You can do the same, too, with the opportunity, that is..

FWIW, when a larger printer I worked for many years ago closed (yes I was fired from there ;) ), Some of the employees purchased, some of the equipment and started their own business, ending up with 50 or 60 former employees. That was 20 years ago and they are still doing ok.

Good luck.

aspeck

Staff member

You're on!:)

Alright! I haven't sold the bass boat yet, so I can keep it as one ride and the dual console is set up for trolling and downriggers. So we should be in good shape for musky, striper, walleye, and bass. All we have to do is figure out how to catch something bigger than the lure! ;):p:D:eek:

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to here that CN, hang in there. Something will come up.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

When one door closes another one opens up is what I go by.

I was with a company a long time and we got spun out into a startup. When that didn't work out and we went from 70 employees down to 8. I ended up finding a new job that pays 50% more.

jeffkrieger

Seaman

sorry to hear about your layoff.i was laid off in dec. 2009.that gave me a chance to move from pa. to fl.the economy is even worse down here.i finally got an interview last week and am going for a second one tomorrow.maybe the wait is over!

Triton II

Commander

Sorry to hear about the plant closure. With 19 years in one job on your resume, you'll be a great candidate for any job you apply for. Companies love to hire people who have shown such a level of loyalty. Best of luck CN and let us know how you go...

TII

204 Escape

Ensign

That just plain SUX !!!! Have been in the construction industry since 1977. Have fought the layoff thing for years. I've been fired, laid off and I've QUIT. The market is soft. BUT, I believe that if you WANT to work you will. I have to make a call today, and hopefully they will have something next week. I already know that I can go to work for this company, the problem is the customer just has to say lets go now !!!

Good luck !!!! IMHO, you will be fine !!!!!!