The French....There not all that bad!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Ok people, now that things have settled, we need to recognize. The French are not really that bad. They have done some amazing things for the world. Where would we be without them? Some of the contributions they have given us:<br />French fries<br />French toast<br />The French kiss<br />French tickler<br />French cut green beans (can live without these)<br />French braiding<br />French manicure<br />French vanilla<br />French bread<br />French poodles<br /><br />So next time we think poorly of the French, we need to stop and think....where would we be without French Toast?

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant
Re: The French....There not all that bad!

Sorry DD but frenh poodles alone are enough to send them into permanent terrestrial exile. I do like french toast though.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Bass Man Bruce:<br /> Sorry DD but frenh poodles alone are enough to send them into permanent terrestrial exile.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!<br /> :D :D

sangerwaker

Commander

They gave us a certain 3 word term that ends in trois! :eek: :cool: :D

tylerin

Commander

That was a nice lil copper statue they built for the now called Liberty Island ;) <br />Oh yeah!!! and the Bikini!! Lets not forget the Bikini :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

You are kidding? They suck, period end of report. French Toast? That we have IHOP. The bikini? Who needs it? Whoops, I had another idea. :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Another piece of trivia:<br /><br />There was one French victory over the British in<br />the 18th century.<br /><br />In it, a British officer was captured and <br />interrogated.<br /><br />At the end of the interrogation, the French <br />general asked,<br /><br />"Why do you British officers wear red coats? Don't<br /> you know that makes you easier targets for our <br />infantry?"<br /><br /><br />The British officer replied stoically,<br />"Yes, but if we are hit our men won't panic when <br />we bleed."<br /><br /><br />And that is why ever since then that French <br />officers wear brown pants. :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

I don't have anything French. Here is a list of things I like:<br /><br />American fries<br />American toast<br />The American kiss<br />American tickler<br />American cut green beans (yummie!)<br />American braiding<br />American manicure<br />American vanilla<br />American bread<br />American poodles<br />American wine<br /><br />Who needs the French?

gaugeguy

Captain

French knock-knock joke...<br /><br />Knock, knock<br />Who's there?<br />I give up<br /><br /><br />Do you know why the French gave us the Statue of Liberty?<br /><br />It had no use in France, she only has one arm in the air.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

sangerwaker: lol...<br /><br />deputydawg: might want to take french fries off the list. I hear they originally came from Belgium.