The effect of the bushing for Flo-Torq II drive sleeve

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class
What effect does the forward bushing for the Flo-Torq II drive sleeve have? Does it effect rpm or how quickly they rise?<br /><br />The reason I'm asking is I recently purchased a 15-1/2 FG boat with a 91' 90 hp Merc and it came with a 13-3/4" x 21 Trophy Plus SS prop and this bushing installed in the drive sleeve. I was doing some research and noticed on the Flo-Torq II Application Chart (Mercury Parts Express site) that this bushing is only required for V-6 use with Tempest Plus, Trophy Plus & Revolution props. Should I remove it (since I have a 90 hp triple)? What if I was to try a regular 3-blade aluminum prop, again should it be removed?

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: The effect of the bushing for Flo-Torq II drive sleeve

Originally posted by XcellR8:<br /> What effect does the forward bushing for the Flo-Torq II drive sleeve have? Does it effect rpm or how quickly they rise?<br /><br />The reason I'm asking is I recently purchased a 15-1/2 FG boat with a 91' 90 hp Merc and it came with a 13-3/4" x 21 Trophy Plus SS prop and this bushing installed in the drive sleeve. I was doing some research and noticed on the Flo-Torq II Application Chart (Mercury Parts Express site) that this bushing is only required for V-6 use with Tempest Plus, Trophy Plus & Revolution props. Should I remove it (since I have a 90 hp triple)? What if I was to try a regular 3-blade aluminum prop, again should it be removed?
Can any one tell me the purpose of the bushing?

tommays

Admiral

if your talking about the thrust washer it just holds the prop in the correct place ?<br /><br /><br />different brands of props use different mounting hardware they do the same thing but are not mix and match<br /><br />they work as a set for that brand of prop<br /><br /><br />tommays

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by tommays:<br /> if your talking about the thrust washer it just holds the prop in the correct place ?<br /><br /><br />different brands of props use different mounting hardware they do the same thing but are not mix and match<br /><br />they work as a set for that brand of prop<br /><br /><br />tommays
No, I'm referring to the round black plug that snaps into the thrust bushing side of the Flo-Torq II hub/sleeve. To clarify what I'm talking about click on the following link and notice how the 3rd entry doesn't call for this bushing but the 4th does. What I get out of it is that I should remove this bushing since I'm only running a 90 hp triple.<br /><br /> Flo-Torq II Application chart

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by XcellR8:<br />
Originally posted by tommays:<br /> if your talking about the thrust washer it just holds the prop in the correct place ?<br /><br /><br />different brands of props use different mounting hardware they do the same thing but are not mix and match<br /><br />they work as a set for that brand of prop<br /><br /><br />tommays
No, I'm referring to the round black plug that snaps into the thrust bushing side of the Flo-Torq II hub/sleeve. To clarify what I'm talking about click on the following link and notice how the 3rd entry doesn't call for this bushing but the 4th does. What I get out of it is that I should remove this bushing since I'm only running a 90 hp triple.<br /><br /> Flo-Torq II Application chart
Can anyone tell me the purpose of this bushing? If I had to guess I would say that the larger higher hp V6's require it to stiffen the hub. Just trying to find out if I should be running it with or without ...

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Can anyone tell me the purpose of this bushing? If I had to guess I would say that the larger higher hp V6's require it to stiffen the hub. Just trying to find out if I should be running it with or without ...
Sorry, I didn't realize the link would expire. After entering a ZIP/Postal code and clicking on a dealer, select propellers and then "Propeller Hardware or Accessories" to get to the chart and related links.