The Devil is Working Overtime! Read This...

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Posted: March 29, 2005<br /><br />Kenosha - A naked, screaming 300-pound man armed with a large pair of scissors was shot to death on a Kenosha street by police early Tuesday as he threatened to harm his three young children, who also were wet and naked. <br /> <br />When the 31-year-old man picked up his 5-year-old son by the head and chest and began to twist his head as if to snap the boy's neck, Officer David Monson fired his .45-caliber service weapon at him, striking him nine times in the torso, said Sgt. Ron Bartholomew. The children - the 5-year-old, a 3-year-old boy and a girl about 14-months-old - were hurt, but their injuries were not life-threatening.<br /><br />The man's 5-year-old son told authorities his father smoked marijuana, drank a bottle of shampoo and ripped the bathroom sink out of the wall in his home less than a mile from the scene. The incident began when the man argued with his girlfriend and beat her. When she fled, he began tearing up his home and eventually took off his clothing, as well as his kids' clothing.<br /><br />The boy also said his father punched him in the face, pressed a knife to his sister's stomach and forced his 3-year-old brother to eat some pills that the toddler spit out when the man wasn't looking.<br /><br />The suspect's name was not released Tuesday because authorities were trying to find next of kin, as well as the mother of the children, who live in Zion, Ill. Police did not know how long the children had been staying with their father.<br /><br />Monson, a six-year Kenosha police veteran, and Officer Luke Hofmann, a trainee who has been on the force for six months, were sent to the 7100 block of 22nd Ave. just after 2 a.m. after a woman driving on one of the town's main drags noticed the naked man and children.<br /><br />The woman said the man yelled at her to call 911 and to give him a ride. She called 911 but refused to let him in her car. That made him angrier, and he began to beat on her car, said Bartholomew, so she drove off.<br /><br />The officers followed the man for three blocks as he walked briskly to the 7400 block of 22nd Ave. past houses with lawns still adorned with Easter decorations. They tried talking to him, but he hollered gibberish.<br /><br />"He was barking at them unintelligibly. They couldn't tell what he was saying," Bartholomew said.<br /><br />"He just continued to yell at both the officers and the children. They followed him for several blocks and then he put the scissors to the child's neck."<br /><br />Monson pulled out his handgun, and Hofmann grabbed a Taser stun gun. When they saw the man twist his 5-year-old son's neck and the boy went limp, falling to the man's side, Monson fired twice.<br /><br />The man fell forward, landing on top of his young daughter, then reared up and tried to stuff the child between his legs, Bartholomew said.<br /><br />"They were telling him to set the baby down and drop to the ground," Bartholomew said. When he didn't, Monson fired seven more bullets.<br /><br />The man recently had been released from a Wisconsin correctional facility, but Bartholomew said he didn't know his criminal history.<br /><br />Monson and Hofmann were placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated, as mandated by state law. Both officers were very emotional when they returned to the police station Tuesday, Capt. Randy Berner said.<br /><br /> :eek: I'd say that's a bit over redline on the Weirdometer! :eek:

bubbakat

Captain
Re: The Devil is Working Overtime! Read This...

I would say that regesters high on the scale of weird.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> A naked, screaming 300-pound man...
That alone is enough for me to start shooting....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

This just goes to proove what my daddy allways told me. He said, "Son, don't smoke marijuanna and drink shampoo. It's bad, n'kay."<br /><br /><br />SHAMPOO?! Whathe?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br />
Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> A naked, screaming 300-pound man...
That alone is enough for me to start shooting....
ROFLMAO!

KaGee

Admiral

"The man recently had been released from a Wisconsin correctional facility,"<br /><br />Yepper.... another fine example of rehabilitation.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Another job well done by a state prison system.

gaugeguy

Captain

"DON'T DRINK THE BROWN SHAMPOO"

eeboater

Commander

Ugh... thats 45 minutes from my house... 10 Minutes from my BIL's house...<br /><br />Why does Wisconsin have to hit the "headlines" with the crackjobs!?!?!?<br /><br />Its either Packers, cows, or freaks in this state!<br /><br />Sean

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Usually when you find a person naked that takes 9 shots to bring down, they are on PCP. Most of the turds I have ever confronted on PCP has stripped naked and fought hard to the end. Only thing missing from the usual PCP mix here is they often climb to high places. <br />Next week the headlines will probably read that the officer involved in the shooting acted improperly and will be suspended, sued, prosecuted, or all three.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> Next week the headlines will probably read that the officer involved in the shooting acted improperly and will be suspended, sued, prosecuted, or all three.
That is the sad reality of our times... we must starve a woman to death because she no longer has a "Quality of Life", at the same time go to the ends of the earth, ruin countless people's lives, so that we don't violate this pig's human/civil rights. <br /><br />The cops should have capped him in the head.

dolluper

Captain

Too many bubbles in that shampooooooo

D

DJ

Shot him nine times! With a .45!<br /><br />Reminds me of that movie with Al Pacino when he was "coked up" out of his gourd.<br /><br />Good Lord. What a mess.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wow must have found time to reload :) <br />a head shot?<br /> nah we are not trained to kill. we are trained to aim for center mass. no aiming to kill nor wound but for center mass. our weapons officer had to interrupt the training for clarification. he asked : so we can only try to wing them in the chest with a .45 ?<br />i wish they had tried the taser first but in a situation all you can hope for is after the investigation they find your judgement to use deadly force was correct. but sometimes adrenaline will adversly affect judgement especially since a non-lethal method was present at the scene. I hope the law officer was correct in his judgement or he is gonna fry.

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

Trying to twist a kids head off should justify deadly force.

TilliamWe

Banned

I hope the children are okay, and I am not sorry at all that they shot the & killed the man.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

At 300 pounds he wasnt trying or he would have done it. most law enforcement personell are poorly trained to deal with situations like that due to the high cost of training and the need for repeat retra training. its very expensive to keep trained personell. usually cause city hall or the county seat needs new carpets or raises. I just hope it was a justifiable thing or he will fry. if he was wrong he should if he was right he still needs counseling. taking a life is traumatic reqardless of why or who. I just hope he gets a fair investigation. maybe the 300 pounder was off his meds or the meds reacted badly or maybe he was just another loser. the investigation may tell.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I agree with all y'all about the defense of these children warranted the lethal force. But, the bleeding heart liberals and the ACLU are also right, IMHO. We must safeguard the liberty of life. How do we protect these children from this freak and still make sure it's not eeboater, or 12footer, or me? One of the liberties our forefathers wanted to to protect against was oppressive government. We can't allow the government to arbitarily act, remember we are innocent until proven guilty. (Not in baby bush's world). <br />I hope that the officer involved is exhonorated, and counseled productively. I am glad that the police acted to protect the lives of these innocent children. Too often the bleeding hearts get in the way and cause innocent lives to be lost in "protection" of civil liberties. <br /><br />This is all in my humble opinion. I surrender the soapbox now.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> having been hit by a stun gun and a taser I am teling you. you go down. the taser actually made me lose bladder control. its very painful at first and your sore in muscles you had no idea existed for days afterwards, I hope the officer used deadly force wisely. the investigation will tell. but trust me a taser will seriously mess your skivvies :) :) . navy=Never Again Volunteer Yourself. :) :) . but when they asked for volunteers for a demo I could not resist :) <br />but peeing on yourself in front of 20 others is rather embarresing.

Dunaruna

Admiral

The officers deserve a medal, training and instincts aside - imagine the stress involved at firing at a weirdo with three children in very close proximity. I can't even begin to put myself in their shoes.<br /><br />How's the child who went limp, any news?<br /><br />Aldo