The Debate tonight, Going to watch?

LubeDude

Admiral
I am because I want to see Bush rip Kerry a new one. Now, will it happen, I can only hope. I want to see, "NO MORE MR. NICE GUY"!

Homerr

Commander
Re: The Debate tonight, Going to watch?

I'm not....<br /><br />The weather is getting ugly, so I think I'm going out to try and put a hole in a deer!<br /><br /><br />H.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Gonna watch, but I don't really expect anything new.<br /><br />I wish SOMEONE, media or candidate, would address these two questions:<br /><br />1. This week's big report on Iraq and WMD says that Saddam told CIA interrogators that he wanted the world to believe that he had WMD and was willing to use them if attacked. He was completely successful in this deception but underestimated GWB. Clearly Saddam is a very clever and intelligent bad guy. How does this revelation affect your (candidate) position?<br /><br />2. Where did the Serin loaded artillery shell (clearly a WMD) the insurgents tried to use as an IED come from? Are there more? Where are they? Did it come from an as yet undiscovered stockpile of WMD made before the First Gulf War?<br /><br />I guess question 2.5 would be: Is failure to find evidence proof, or merely failure to find evidence?

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

if Bush does not look like he is going to win tonite then i will vote REDNECK WILLIE NELSON :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Keep in mind, even if Bush "wins", he will lose according to the aphabet gang.<br />But I'm still going to watch to see if W takes the gloves off. I'm also begining to think he is too "nice". We shall see.<br />'Gentlemen (and french guys),start your engines!'

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Nope. Going out with the family for a nite out with the kids. Son leaving for Seattle Monday. The debate can wait. Sides......it'll all be the same as you read in the papers.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

His voice makes me want to hit the mute button!!<br />Traitorous dog!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Nope "Leave to Beaver" is on TvLand

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, Bush did better, but didnt take the gloves off. And with all the imformation at his fingertips that would make Kerry look like the Azz he is, why the He*l not??? I just dont get it.

aspeck

Staff member

I got to hear about the first 20 minutes (then we were called to the Nursing Home that is attached to the hospital for a working fires! YIKES! Looked like a county fire convention. Place was filled with smoke - from a bed - the motor burnt up! Scarey for a bit). Anyway, I was wondering why GW didn't respond differently, especially with the reports that the French and Germans would not come to the table even under another president, and the report said that WMD were not evident because sanctions had been working, but the sanctions were breaking down because the French and Germans were not honoring them.<br /><br />Suddenly I understood - GW is working with the French and Germans, and others, in Iran. If he came out and blasted them to make himself look better for the elections, it would help him win the elections, but would not be in the best interests of the nation. So, he is willing to take the heat for the good of the country and to be able to continue to work with some "hostile" allies.<br /><br />I could be wrong in my assessment, but that was what it seemed like to me.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Bush did better this time around, but still pretty much an even match. I miss Perot! Now that was entertainment. Dana Carvey's mocking on Saturday Night Live was even better. They need a third-party candidate to break-up the monotony. Can't wait to see SNL's version tonight.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Good point, Wil! They probably have a ton of material.<br />Bush did better, but was still too nice. He has to call-out Kerry on his anti-American diplomatic ideologies.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Aspeck, you made a good point about the French and Germans and our efforts concerning Iran. I just wonder how trustworthy they are and how much they have been dealing with the Iranians behind our backs. Judging by how they behaved with Iraq, I am not very inclined to believe they are our allies at all anymore.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Clams Canino

Commander

Do they have a financial stake in Iran? If so, you saw what we did to thier financial stake in Iraq? <br /><br />"Follow the money" works both ways. If they are financially invested in Iran, they surely don't want another Iraq. :D <br /><br />-W

Skinnywater

Commander

Later in the evening there was a forum between the other Presidential candidates.<br /><br />The Constitution, Liberatarian, Reform and Green partys.<br />It was far better, more informative. I had much more agreement and more in common with any of them.<br />I guess I came away with the feeling that any one of those candidates had more of a platform that is designed to represent the peoples issues.<br />It was the first time I ever heard the term, "Corporation Candidates", and they all refered and used the term often.

mattttt25

Commander

i think bush is a better choice, but they have to keep him from opening his mouth for the rest of the campaign.<br /><br />did anyone else catch it when he stated he was very upset they didn't find wmd in iraq? i know what he was trying to say, but his public speaking seems to get worse every time i hear him.