thats it, im done!!!!!!

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer
Re: thats it, im done!!!!!!

IF you can still see the concrete garage floor you STILL dont have enough :) That 850 can get you a new nice old Johnson with a connecting rod sticking out of the block....Aghhh No Problem... just a flesh wound :D <br /><br />I have the same problem as you...6 boats, 2 trailers, 4 outboards, only one of which currently works but when you add in my 2 year old son to the equation, I have NO TIME left to work on anything....so there they all sit waiting for the day I can return to my "Kingdom"<br /><br />Nav :cool:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

PW2 <br />Chief Petty Officer <br />Member # 40261 <br /><br /> posted June 16, 2005 07:34 AM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />It is what I call the curse of being handy.<br /><br />I know lots of people that wouldn't know a left handed crescent wrench if it jumped up and bit them, and when there is a problem, they pay someone else to fix it.<br /><br />When there are too many problems, they get rid of whatever it is and buy something else new.<br /><br />They always seem to be spending all their time enjoying their boat, and for whatever reason always seem to have enough money to pull it off. <br /><br /><br />Have you seen their credit card balance? :eek:

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by RodC:<br />
I know lots of people that wouldn't know a left handed crescent wrench if it jumped up and bit them
Is there such a thing ? Whats the difference ?
I think they only made them in metric...Chief ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by rogerwa:<br /> You might be a redneck..
Only if the parts are being guarded by a pack of hound dogs. :p <br /><br />In the words of my buddy Jim... If ya got a spare part, you're guarunteed never to need it! <br /><br />Of course, you can't step foot in his garage! :D

Twidget

Commander

I feel for you Myoutboards, although Im not as bad as you yet. <br /><br />I just have the one boat/motor, but I replaced the lower unit on it, so I have a spare Johnson lower unit and also have a spare lower unit for the I6 Merc that used to be on the boat. Not to mention various parts laying around for both motors.<br /><br />If it werent for the shed at my lake lot, the wife would see it all and I would be sleeping on the couch. :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Dude, you need to try and sell off most of that collection and stay the hell away from E Bay, because you got it real bad dude, whatever it is, you definitely got it real bad, reeel reeeel bad :(

PW2

Commander

Elmer,<br /><br />I have few absolute rules, but one of them is as long as my friends don't expect me to pay off their credit cards, I absolutely don't care, nor do I wish to know, what their outstanding balances are.

phatmanmike

Captain

well, these are the things i can think of off the top of my head that i have to get rid of:<br />1986 16 foot center console<br />1992 aluminum 17 foot trailer<br />1972 omc hydro-electric shift 2 cylinder lower unit<br />spare 1971 omc parts for 50 hp<br />omc electronics<br />bimini top with boot<br />aluminum bow rail for fishing boat<br />12 steering cable<br />helm<br />stainless sterring wheel<br />swim platform<br />mercury 1980 40hp 2 cylinder<br />14 foot aluminum john boat<br />another 14 foot aluminum john boat<br />mercury v6 mid with trim and tilt<br />small steel trailer for 12 foot john boat.<br />more and more and more and more and more and more and more CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP<br /><br /><br />AHHHHHHHHHH<br /><br />THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!!!<br /><br /><br />O4ERGH 4908GUYH4V N/O65VIH C60897UNJ.,M HGN RLN RIHNJI NGHIKPL4E NJHIPGVBNJMTGY.CGTFCI MJN4GHY.MTWM C6 C5Y7E4G8OUI6UJIO4.M W56I8UJO6W5 .NJFBT

Moody Blue

Captain

hey myoutboards, you're not advertising here on i-boats, are you :eek: Bad, bad, bad :D <br /><br />Well looks like you are on the right track getting rid of all that stuff. In the end when it's all gone, reward yourself for doing such a great job and buy yourself something special. Maybe a new motor or something :D :D :D :D

OperativeK

Petty Officer 2nd Class

First get a lawn chair. Place it facing away from your house/boats/problems. Place cooler with fresh six pack next to you. Drink slowly.<br /><br />Repeat.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hey myoutboards!<br /><br />I got a real big pile of crap, er... I mean boat supplies that I'm willing to let go cheap! <br /><br />I know how you hate to pass up a good deal! <br /><br />Don't let this stuff get away!<br /><br />I'm sure you can find a wee bit more space to store it!<br /><br /> :D :D :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> Elmer,<br /><br />I have few absolute rules, but one of them is as long as my friends don't expect me to pay off their credit cards, I absolutely don't care, nor do I wish to know, what their outstanding balances are.
oh! But you do end up paying when they default whether you want to or not.

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Hey myoutboards!<br /><br />I got a real big pile of crap, er... I mean boat supplies that I'm willing to let go cheap! <br /><br />I know how you hate to pass up a good deal! <br /><br />Don't let this stuff get away!<br /><br />I'm sure you can find a wee bit more space to store it!<br /><br /> :D :D :D
now now, thats not nice. thats like waving a bag of heroin infront of a junkie's face and saying, het, want this????????