thats it, im done!!!!!!

phatmanmike

Captain
im done.<br />im tired.<br />im BROKE.<br /><br />i have 6 boats.<br />none work <br /><br />1 has a broken and halfway rebuilt transom.<br />i has soggy floors and transom<br />1 has leaks at the rivets<br />1 has leaks all over<br />1 wont hold air( avon)<br />1 is a small sailboat wich i lost the keel and broke the rudder trying to sail in last summers hurricane season<br /><br />i have a garage full of motors, cowl hoods, battery's, parts, trailer parts, props, boxes and boxes of crap! everywhere. whats it all go to? who knows! aaarrrggghhh<br /><br />i just paid 2800 for a 1984 20' center console and now i have the 225 v6 motor in the back of my truck under a tarp. the boat is getting a new transom. im paying 50 $ a month just for storage<br /><br />i have a 16 foot center console with soggy floors and a soggy transom, so soggy that when you tighten the engine mounting bolts to the transom, water comes out.<br /><br />i have a 14 foot flat bottom john boat that cracked on the bottom and leaks bad. ive tried to fix it!<br /><br />i have a 14 foot v hull aluminum that leaks all over. i found it on the side of the road.<br /><br />i have a leaky avon with no floor<br /><br />i have a broken sailboat.<br /><br /><br />its like a drug. i cant stop.<br /> i just keep spending more and more and more money on boats and motors and trailers and CRAP!<br /><br />its all going. all of it<br /><br />i just on sunday bought this:<br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4554954981&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT <br /><br />wwhy who knows, i have nothing to put it on. itys on the floor in my garage. im selling it as parts on scream and fly.com<br /><br /><br />aaaaarrrrrrggggggggggg<br /><br /><br />oiuqwgoureh cg94yg098tygv 4b[0n8245y8 g24[ i4nh5v m245wueornhgbdhtbnronhy8m n8uo vgfp5j 240nh3.81l 4g 2bvgttn/sr fnbyh<br /><br /><br />mike

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: thats it, im done!!!!!!

Wow, the rest of us need to chip and get you some therapy . . . :D <br /><br />Said through megaphone: "step away from the old boat stuff . . . easy, easy".<br /><br />I think there has got to be another boat pack rat here that can make his stuff match up with your stuff and get at least two good boats out of it; one for each . . .

LubeDude

Admiral

And I thought I had a problem with my plastic bait fetish. :eek:

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow...and the ole lady hollars at me for all the crap I have too that I just cannot part with. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Ah, we know how you feel,though not to the extreme you have gotten to. But we sure feel for you. <br />Bassy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ebay it all but the 20'er. <br />Get it done, and l-i-m-i-t the boat stuff to what you can use and store on the boat.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

4 boats with 6 motors, 11 motorcycles...all work or float. Lawn mowers work, 4 chainsaws, weed wacker, 2 blowers all work. Now all I do is change oil and check tire air and charge batteries...never ends........alwaz sumthing

crab bait

Captain

wow dude.. a good handgrenade could solve alotta problems..

dolluper

Captain

Pick the easy-east and cheapest to fix and get her done back on the water then pick the next and get her done Sell some of your parts to finance what you have to do But do one and stick to it till it's done!!!!!I feel the pain also took one of my boats out on the weekend it ran great but on a further inspection I found my transom is very weak,so I check the other boat same thing weak transom So now it's rainning for days on end and I have 2 transoms to do The only opition I have is to drive the hydro and it doesn't like rough water and there's no room to take my sweetie on a cruise :mad: :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain

You are not alone MO, Had a similar problem with guitars, not as cumbersome, but alot of $$ tied up. Finally liquidated, took a hit. It's a guy thing!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> You are not alone MO, It's a guy thing!
Yuppers ... (now I would have a problem following this advice) ;) <br />But I like roscoe's and dolluper's advice.<br />Luck to ya :D

PW2

Commander

It is what I call the curse of being handy.<br /><br />I know lots of people that wouldn't know a left handed crescent wrench if it jumped up and bit them, and when there is a problem, they pay someone else to fix it.<br /><br />When there are too many problems, they get rid of whatever it is and buy something else new.<br /><br />They always seem to be spending all their time enjoying their boat, and for whatever reason always seem to have enough money to pull it off.

Moody Blue

Captain

myoutboards don't give up. Focus your time, money and energy on the ONE project that appeals to you the most. As suggested sell off everything else to assist with the finances and help you focus on the project at hand. If you find you have too much time on your hands, get a hobbie :D :D :D

Moody Blue

Captain

I know lots of people that wouldn't know a left handed crescent wrench if it jumped up and bit them
Is there such a thing ? Whats the difference ?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Now if I could just follow my own advice. :(

fireman57

Captain

myoutboards you have me scared. I'm just getting started collecting boat stuff. Barn and garage already full of truck, car,tractor, and motorcylce stuff. The neighbors call me for parts before NAPA. I get junkyard price on anything they take off or get from here. I gotta get rid of this stuff.

phatmanmike

Captain

If you find you have too much time on your hands, get a hobbie
this IS my hobbie.. ahhahahahahaha<br /><br />well so far since posting this, ive sold my merc 2.4L powerhead for 400, my lower unit from same motor for 450, and now have an offer on my 16 foot center console.<br /><br />i 'spose progress is being made, i mean, i sold just those two parts alone for 850, and i paid 500 for the whole thing just this past sunday :p

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like its time for a NEW boat! and away with all of your worries!!!!