That was the LAMEST half-time show EVER

NathanY

Commander
I like Paul, but that was not the big spectacular show that I am use to. Very disappointing.... :(

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: That was the LAMEST half-time show EVER

Not enough T & A for ya nate. I enjoyed it!

NathanY

Commander

Not that,,, There was no "show" to it..

NathanY

Commander

I liked the one that they did a few years ago with Aerosmith, Britney and all that.. Now that was a "show"....

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I liked it even though it was like a Paul McCartney concert. Loved the fireworks with "Live and Let Die"!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> I liked it even though it was like a Paul McCartney concert. Loved the fireworks with "Live and Let Die"!
Well Bassy, what's wrong with a Paul McCartney concert! or just maybe your not old enough to appreciate him. :p

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

On a scale of 1 to 10 this half time show goes about 4.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I give it a 1 1/2...even the commercials weren't up to par.

ob

Admiral

I thought it was pretty good.Where is the comparison between Britney Spears and Paul McCartney as far as talent goes??Aerosmith maybe.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Halftime always bites. But the commercials were a serious disappointment. The airport terminal with the returning soldiers was great. (Bud)<br /><br />Can't remember anyother one besides the cat with red sauce and the guy with the knife. Did anyone else advertise?????? Oh yea, 3 caddy's that will go 0-60 in under five seconds. Cool stuff lowsey commercial.

ob

Admiral

I thought the chimps playing a gag on the guy with the "poo" pillow was pretty funny.Not real funny but ,I got a chuckle.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Gotta agree with Pointer on the returning soldiers. You don't really see that anymore......least ways.....we didn't see it in the Nam era. Our boys and girls deserve a lot of credit for what they are doing.

LubeDude

Admiral

The whole thing sucked as far as I was concerned, neither team played up to par, the comercials were lame, and the halftime show was just OK. I wish I would have done something else. I did laugh at the cat knocking over the chili befor the wife walked in, now that was funny.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The "Rich, not smooth" commercial was good also.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

I admit the game wasn't as good as it could have been and that's not just because I'm an Eagles fan. I will add that I don't give a rat's behind about the commercials. After all, they are only designed to separate us from our dollars. I do, however, take exception to the comments about the halftime show.<br /><br />Since when is a good old-fashioned set of quality songs performed by one of the greatest entertainers of all time a bad thing? In an age where we are daily exposed to incomprehensibly ridiculous "artists" and their supposed intelligent and sophisticated stage antics, Paul McCartney's show was a beacon of pure entertainment that spoke for itself.<br /><br />If your desire is to see nearly nude lap dancers wiggle their way across the screen and hysterical idiots mouth obscenities and self-promotion, I suggest you limit your viewing to MTV. We should be thankful that somebody had the cajones to stand up and say "NO! I don't think the world needs to see this crap during the Super Bowl!"<br /><br />Just my less-than-humble opinion.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Nate in AR:<br />Probably the only reason you thought it was boring is, "You could understand the LYERICS"!!!!! :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

It's kinda funny. Last year everyone was complaining that the half-time show and the commercials were way over the edge and pushing the envelope. This year's show and commercials are a direct result of the fiasco last year. I watched the show with my 8 year old, and I had to explain who Paul McCartney is and how popular he was in the 60's with the Beatles and his history. My son told me, "he still rocks out for an old dude". I'd much rather watch what I watched last night than what I saw last year. <br /><br />BTW, my favorite commercial was the Tabasco girl, she was HOT ;)

crab bait

Captain

the one i like was not played.. in the play-offs,, there was one..<br /><br />a player is screamin' in the ear of a ref..<br />while the ref stares ahead in his own world.<br /><br />the announcer commented,," boy, how can that ref stand that..? how do ya practice for that..!!..?? "<br /><br />next scene the ref's home sittin' on the couch.. his wife is justa hammerin' in his ear about the trash, the dishes, how she shoulda married billy ,ect..<br /><br />he just stares ahead in his own world..