Thanksgiving

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer
I start off by giving thanks for my wife, my 5 kids and 4 grandkids.<br /><br />I give thanks for this wonderful country that we all live in, where we are basically free to do what we want to.<br /><br />I give thanks to my parents, but this Thanksgiving will be on a sadder note.<br /><br />At first I was hessitant to post this but ya'll are such great people, and ya'll care for others.<br /><br />Yesterday, I got that dreaded phone call that my Mom had passed away. They found her dead in her bedroom at home. She was partially cripled, having to use a walker; figured she got up in middle of night to use her potty chair and fell. I guess any thing could have happend that caused her to fall. Right now my siblings and I are holding up ok, But this is a big burden to bear right now. Mom was 73.<br /><br />Dad is taking it pretty well, but he blames himself, because he didn,t check on her more often. They lived in there on worlds, Him at his end of the house and her at her end of the house. They were married 54 years.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Thanksgiving

Deepest condolences, cajun! I'll say an extra prayer for you & your family during this trying time.

gaugeguy

Captain

So sorry to hear that Cajun. Losses around the holidays are tough. Lost my Gram 2 days before Christmas 8 years ago, and every Christmas the thought of her is there even stronger. She too was disabled, her suffering is over and they both are in a better place now. My thoughts are with you.

sangerwaker

Commander

So Sorry, cajun. Any time of year is a bad time for something like that. Wish you and your family the best. My sympathies are with you all.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I recall the loss of my Dad at Xmas 1973. There never is a good time to lose a family member or friend, but a day of significance jogs the memory more accuratly. My sympathy and prayers

KaGee

Admiral

Our condolances. Lost my dad one year ago and my mom 2 years ago. It's hard to be thankful when your heart is filled with grief. I know. But dwelling on the good things that she brought into your life will help.

spratt

Lieutenant

Been there, cajun, and can certainly understand the burden you have...it is most terrible and grievous when this occurs around a holiday or a special personal day like birthday, Mother's day, etc...may God bless you and your family and give you peace and comfort.

LadyFish

Admiral

cajun, I'm so sorry to hear the news, my sincerest and deepest condolences.<br /><br />I have a poem I share with friends that have lost their Moms. It was given to me by a friend when I lost my Grandmother and gave me comfort. I hope you find some comfort in it too.<br /><br />The Rose Still Grows Beyond The Wall<br />
images
<br />Near a shady wall a rose once grew,<br />Budded and blossomed in God's free light:<br />Watered and fed by morning dew,<br />Shedding its sweetness day and night.<br />As it grew and blossomed fair and tall,<br />Slowly rising to loftier height,<br />It came to a crevice in the wall,<br />Through which there shone a beam of light.<br />Onward it crept with added strength<br />With never a thought of fear or pride,<br />It followed the light through the crevice length,<br />And unfolded itself on the other side.<br />The light, the dew, the broadening view<br />Were found the same as they were before.<br />And it lost itself in beauties new.<br />Breathing its fragrance more and more.<br />Shall claim of death cause us to grieve,<br />And make our courage faint or fall?<br />Nay, let us faith and hope receive,<br />The rose still grows beyond the wall.<br />Scattering fragrance far and wide, <br />Just as it did in days of yore.<br />Just as it did on the other side,<br />Just as it will forevermore.
<br />By A.L.Frink

Carphunter

Commander

So sorry to hear Cajun. :( <br /><br />Your family will be in my families prayers, thats for sure.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. We just got home from making all the arrangements. Its been a tuff day. Did purchase a plot for dad also so we won't have that expense.<br /><br />I encourage anyone how has not made pre-arangements to do so. The wife and I will real soon.<br /><br />Very touching poem LF.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Our thoughts are with you during this trying time. So sorry for your loss.<br />Bassy

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear that. It will be difficult for us too this year, my uncle was killed in a plane crash.<br /><br />But there are many many things we are to be thankful for.<br /><br />The most important is that we live in this great country. I have my health, and my wife and kids health, and my parents, and siblings health.<br /><br />Many others, too many to list.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Well said Ken.<br /><br />This is a difficult time of year for many of us, we need to reflect on good times shared and how fortunate we are.

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. as the story goes there is only one set of footprints in the sand in your walk of life. Cause this is when God will carry you over the hardened times. Put your faith in him and he will give you peace and understanding. I have had to learn this over the last 3 weeks.<br /><br />Serenity

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

very sorry to hear of your loss,my condolences to you and your family.

Fly Rod

Commander

Sorry about your mothers' passing Our condolences go out to you and your family!!!!