Thanks to Jerry Jerry for all of his advice. Merry Christmas

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
Jerry, Thanks for all of your advice and help in keeping these old motors going.
Your insight has been helping many here get and keep their motors going for years.
This is not to diminish all of the others who have contributed as well.
I could not have gotten my Sport Jet going without the encouragement I received here and I know many others have profited as well.
Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Best wishes for the coming year and stay happy and healthy.

topgun3690

Ensign
AGREED! Jerry has helped me many times over the past several years, along with a few other knowledgeable folks. Thank you all, this is a great site! Happy New Year!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
This was unexpected but THANKS!!
This is how I get myself going in the morning,
cup of coffee and the iBOATS forums.
Everyone, have a safe and prosperous New Year!!
Guess it's time to share the accolades:
Remembering: FrankA, RRitt, Tashasdaddy, and many more
that have passed on to the big repair shop in the sky.
There are many more, just my memory is really bad.

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Jerry, Thanks for all of your advice and help in keeping these old motors going.
Your insight has been helping many here get and keep their motors going for years.
This is not to diminish all of the others who have contributed as well.
I could not have gotten my Sport Jet going without the encouragement I received here and I know many others have profited as well.
Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Best wishes for the coming year and stay happy and healthy.
+1 Thank Jerry for all your help!

The Force power

Commander
Yup!! you know these motors inside out.
I've would of never been able to get this far without you & many many others on this site

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Racerone and Jiggs and Don deserve to
be on the list too.
Lots more, just don't remember right now.
I hit 70 this year and the memory is shot.
I can remember the words to a song from
the 60's but can't remember what I ate for breakfast :)

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
At 72 I understand completely, but I can't remember all of the words of those songs, but I love it when I hear one.
Now to remember if I had breakfast already...

topgun3690

Ensign
Happy New Year to everyone on the Force & Chrysler Outboard Forum! Sometimes you need information or advice that you just can't find in a manual or a YouTube video, and that is where this forum really shines. Would like to add several of our international contributors to the list, Nordin and Sea Rider, for their input as well.
There are folks out there that wouldn't pi$$ on an old Chrysler/Force if it was on fire! Lol. But thankfully we have people on here who appreciate these engines for what they are and enjoy keeping them on the water.
Have a great 2021! (y)

The Force power

Commander
Happy New Year to everyone on the Force & Chrysler Outboard Forum! Sometimes you need information or advice that you just can't find in a manual or a YouTube video, and that is where this forum really shines. Would like to add several of our international contributors to the list, Nordin and Sea Rider, for their input as well.
There are folks out there that wouldn't pi$$ on an old Chrysler/Force if it was on fire! Lol. But thankfully we have people on here who appreciate these engines for what they are and enjoy keeping them on the water.
Have a great 2021! (y)
YES!! lets not forget Nordin

Nordin

Commander
Thanks all of you, I really appreciated to be mention on the list.
I hope this pandemic will end up this year.
I want to come back to ordinary life.

Have use this Christmas and New Year leisure to put a 1975 75Hp Chrysler block together and put it in place.
It has been bored, two holes 030 OD, the third was in good condition.
I have two other blocks who will be restored this year. (75Hp Chrysler and 85Hp Force).
All of you out there, happy 2021.

Nordin

Commander
Jerryjerry I have bought pistons with rings from Franz Marine.
Most of the pistons OEM and Wiseco brand.
Seals are also available from Franz Marine and Sierra.
For one of the blocks that I am going to restore in this winter/spring, I will try to use Vertex pistons.
Have just order three pistons from Outboardpartsdotcom.

I have also created an own "used part stock", have worked with these engines for over 20 years. Have collected a lot of parts, maybe to many!!!

Last edited:

puffitu

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks to Jerryjerry05 and countless other great pros on this forum I’ve been able to get back and stay out on the salt. It’s been a great life changing experience—THANK YOU! Happy boating!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You said: I have also created an own "used part stock", have worked with these engines for over 20 years. Have collected a lot of parts, maybe to many!!!
Yes I know the feeling of too many parts. I moved a couple years ago and
the amount of stuff I sold to the scrap yard was unreal.
Happy New Year!!

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
I have just supported the little Sport Jet 90 and I have collect a pile of spares since I like the boat and rig. Now it looks like I have a couple of spare engines in a pile, useable, but not perfect.
I am keeping them as insurance because if you have a spare you will never need it and just have to keep working around it forever.
If, however, you get rid of it you will immediately need one and have to pay out the (*& to get another.
I'll let my kids handle the problem...