Texas Maid boat emblem for TM owners

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
I've had a few requests to share a pix of the port and starboard side emblems on my boat for other Texas Maid owners. So, here's a pix of it. It measures 21 inches long and 5 inches high. Mine are barely hanging on, so I plan to make my decal or have one made after I get the hull paint and stripes redone. First pix is high resolution...should print okay since it is 300 dpi, second is low resolution at 72 dpi and won't print worth a hoot if you copy it.

TWM

Attachments

• TMaiddecalHR.jpg
    TMaiddecalHR.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • TMaiddecalLR.jpg
    TMaiddecalLR.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0

Can'tFishEnough

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Texas Maid boat emblem for TM owners

hi, i'm new here to iBoats in the since that this is my first post... but I've been reading them for quite a while. I have a question about the Texas Maid logos. I just bought a 14ft open v-bottom that I guess (based on stuff I found on Fiberglassics) is just a "standard" hull. This is the first logo I've seen that has the "type" of the boat listed in the "dark" section. I went back and tried to zoom in on pics posted on fiberglassics and it seems this is typical...
If I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas what would be there on a standard hull boat - I believe that it is a 1958 standard. the thing I don't know is what in the world would i try to put in that section if I got some logos made up? the date maybe? Now it seems I'd look silly with "fleet" or even "standard" there. I guess they didn't want to give just a general utility boat a cool name. - oh well. just wondering if anyone has thoughts, memories or what not... Also sorry if this is considered hijacking - not my intent but did want to bump this post up a bit to get some ideas. Thanks.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

By standard, I guess you mean an open tinny...built for fishing and messin around...3 or 4 bench seats and that's it. If so, put whatever you want on your decal...unless you are trying to restore it to factory new appearance. There should be some pix on Fiberglassics to give you some ideas...here's one, you could put the boat's name in the black area of the decal, if you've named it...and you should.

Can'tFishEnough

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi tmcalavy,
yes that is exactly what I mean. 3 seats and a small platform at the bow. That's a good idea - i suppose I should rename it and put the name in there. There are a few pics at Fiberglassics but not really of this model and I have no idea of the original color scheme so thinking more of a facelift than a total restoration. Probably this winter i'll need to replace the wood seats and maybe the transom wood, so that might be a good time to find out about a soda blast and repaint.
thanks.