texas 911 call

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
hahahaah that call was so funny. I loved it. I wonder if there is a number I can support him. when I was 12 and if I had been fighting or kicked a hole in a door I would have runaway from home before my mom or dad got home. cause then the 911 call would have been about a mangled 12 year old. I cant believe some stupid so called parent would actually call 911 like that. I mean come on be a parent. I never liked to spank either of mine but they were secure in the knowledge that if I did it would hurt them a lot more than me. and that is why so many parents are out of control. its because they have handed control to one to young to deal with that much authority.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: texas 911 call

Are we talking about the one where the 911 operator turns around and ask the woman if he should send someone over to shoot the trouble maker?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

some lady called 911 cause her daughters were fighting, the operator said "what do you want us to do, shoot 'em?"<br /><br />I've called 911 about my 15yearold foster daughter when she walked out the door at midnight - I'm not going to physically force her into the car with me, and I'm not going to let her walk the streets at midnight either. The police handled the matter very professionally, talked her into coming home. <br /><br />It's funny to hear about, not funny to experience.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

watch the news.<br /> some woman came home from work and her kids had been fighting, one 12 0ne 14, appeaently the 12 year old kicked a hole in the door. the woman called 911 and told the dispatcher they were out of control. he asked if she wanted them to come shoot the kids. she wound up like an 8 day clock. i think its hilarios.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I think it was funny as hell too. I am sure that he had to fade some serious heat behind it but I imagine it was worth it. The Sherriff only reprimanded him because he admitted to what he did immediately and reported hisself to his supervisor.

KaGee

Admiral

Well, I understand his frustration over people abusing the 911 system.<br /><br />Give him a day off, smack his hands and get on with it.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

It's sad, but if the courts would hand the power to discipline back to the parents, and then hold them accountable, we wouldn't have this thread. But if your child assaults you, according to the courts here, you have to take it. Or try and walk away. If you simply restrain them, YOU get charged with domestic assault. Happened to a co-worker of mine, and to the brother of a good friend of mine too. Sad but true. This woman did the sad, but RIGHT thing.<br /><br />The last line of RodBolt's post is right on the money.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

about the worst arse whuuppin I ever took was from my dad.<br /> I was 17,6'2 and about 145. he said something and I busted bad. he came in the room and I smacked him as hard as I could. I learned several life lessons in the next 5 min. one was dont swing on someone that is 6'3 and 250lbs unless your desperate. 2 was if you do something that stupid dont let them grab you. 3 was it hurt me a lot more than him. his girlfriend did call 911. when the sherriff got there they were gonna arrest me. even though the only one with any blood leakage was me. me, dad and the deputy sat in the car and had a long talk. dad promised the deputy he would not kill me later that night. I promised the deputy that I had learned a valuable lesson and everyone went home. about 2 weeks before he died last august he told me it took an act of god for him not to kill me that day. I told him it was a great life lesson. and the funny thing is neither of us could remember what the argument was about.<br /> I do remember it was faily painful and my nose and teeth bled for some days afterwards. that ticked him off worse than anything cause he had to take off work for a Dr and a dentist visit. but back then no one thought of calling hotline or the jerkweed social services. was strictly my fault that night and all involved knew it. I was pushing and thought I was the one in control. pop just brought me back to the reality of life. a lot of kids in the 13-18 year range go through it. some get jackslapped some get away with it and carry the feeling of control to the twenties then get jackslapped with life and whine. and best I remember there may have been an intoxicating substance involved. something about being 10ft tall and bullet proof.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Abusing the 911 system? If you need help, call a policeman. It's what they are for. The phone number? 9-1-1. There is no other number. It's not just for emergencies, I know this because I've asked.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Abusing the 911 system? If you need help, call a policeman. It's what they are for. The phone number? 9-1-1. There is no other number. It's not just for emergencies, I know this because I've asked.
No, the number for your local police department is in the phone book, or try 4-1-1. 911 is for emergencies. I love this idea- somebody is dying somewhere but they can't reach 911 because you're tatteling on your kids....<br />If you have discipline problems, please be courteous enough to post the regular police phone number by your phone.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Sorry, but the number for my local police department is 9-1-1. Look it up. Want to find out what form you need to report a non-injury auto accident? Dial 9-1-1. Want to report an abandoned auto on your street? Dial 9-1-1. Got a crazy teen endangering herself or others? Dial 9-1-1. I don't know about Somewhere Outside Washington DC, but around here nobody "can't reach 911." You might get some kind of a-hole wannabe commedian when you do, but your call will get through. And you will be treated with courtesy, professionalism and respect by the officers that respond.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hey I am not condoning the 911 operator. while the joke was funny it was inapproprite. its not the dispatchers job to make a judgement just to pass along any info to the proper agency. be that fire,police,ambulance or social services. however I can appreciate the humor. maybe if the woman used some of that self rightous indignat rage on her kids they would not be out of control. back in my youth punishment was swift and sure. sometimes twice. once when mom got ya and agian when dad got home. being grounded ment just that, no phone, no computer, not tv. nothing but room time. no toy time. home work was about the only allowed activity. however I do understand the frustration on todays inability to discipline. I dont have to relate to an inlaw or a friend. it happened to me. my daughter was mad so she made up a story at school about me abusing her. that was an interesting 6 week investigation by some of the rudest people on earth. social services tends to pick on those that they percieve cannot fight back. they chose wrong in this case. couse she did it once to her mom as well. both her and her mother have about the same bi-polar issues. thats a whole nether thread :) :) .

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

That 911 call is pathetic. The mother obviusly has lost control. The children have no fear of her. I am sorry, but no matter what, the children MUST fear the parent. You can be friends when the kid has a job and pays his own rent.<br /><br />Regarding the police, the main problem is that judegment calls have been taken away from the police. So many times they have no chice but to arrest people, when a good "talking to" would be much more effective.<br /><br />We have a good laugh about the times my dad kicked my brothers butt a few times. He deserved every one of em. I learned from his mistakes and made sure what I did wasnt infront of dad.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

That so called "parent" is/was pathetic.<br /><br />We DO NOT pay police enough to have to handle our trash.<br /><br />Anyone defending that parent? Here's a word of advice.<br /><br />#1 rule about holes.<br /><br />If you find yourself in one, STOP DIGGING.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

911 is for:<br />-Somebody has been critically injured and requires IMMEDIATE assistance from Paramedics.<br />-Somebody is threatening the life (or safety with life threatening consequences)of another person or self.<br />-Police/Fire/Ambulance is/are required to squelch the potential of a life threatening situation.<br />This case did not meet any of those. As far as the discipline "can't touch your kid(s)" thing goes, thank your local lawyers. My opinion is that no person, with a ruptured femural artery, in dire need of help from violence, or some other drastic situation should have to die because someone interpreted Hillary's "It Takes a Village" book literally. 911 is for LIFE THREATENING emergencies. The woman who made this call should be fined.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Let me see if this hole isn't too deep for me to scramble out of it. I wouldn't defend that parent's parenting skills. But it's not out of the question that police intervention was required in the circumstances. The woman did not ask the police to come administer discipline for her. I wasn't there, so I can't say what kind of danger those two girls posed for each other & their mother. I don't know if a father is in the picture. But twelve and fourteen is not so young that they can't do irreparable harm. <br /><br />(from MSNBC.com)<br />
WATAUGA, Texas - A Watauga woman called emergency services Monday night in a desperate attempt to get help breaking up a domestic dispute. The woman called 911 to report a fight between her 12- and 14-year-old daughters. <br /><br />The younger girl, the woman said, was out of control and had kicked a hole in a door. The woman said the 12-year-old was physically the same size as the woman, and she could not get the girl under control. <br />
This local talk-radio station has a link to a recording of the actual call: www.klif.com <br /><br />Is it pathetic that she can't control her own daughters? Sure. <br /><br />Is it pathetic that she called the police for help with a fight that was taking place in her home? It's a totally different question. <br /><br />I'm wondering, DJ, if you meant to say we pay our policemen TOO MUCH to handle our trash? Like maybe they could be better deployed?

D

DJ

jtexas,<br /><br />Nothing was directed at you.<br /><br />I just do not think police should be involved in domestic disputes unless there is a threat of real bodily harm, or worse. A hole kicked in a door, by an out of control twelve year old girl, is not a threat of bodily harm to anybody. <br /><br />We do not pay our law enforcement people enough, IMHO, to handle any of societies problems. That is a broad statement and meant to be one. I have always found it amazing on how poorly we pay emergency personnel and how we think of them, (police-generally poorly) until we need them.<br /><br />And yes, I think they could be better deployed instead of sidetracked by disputes that should be settled by the family, as they USED to be, for the most part.<br /><br />I heard the whole tape, too. That parent acted as if it wasn't her responsibility. I've got news for her-IT IS!<br /><br />Again, nothing directed at you. We just may disagree.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with DJ but hold no bones about what you (JT) may have experienced in the past and can see your point. Its just my belief that the "911" is for honest-to-god life threatening situations, and that using the number places numero uno priority on the folks in the police/fire/medical fields.

outboardguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

The operator should of told that lady to hang up because she dialed the wrong number, she should have dialed NANNY 911.<br />Laughs aside I think the operator should be repremanded for his infraction but the lady should go to jail/fine for her stupid use of the 911 system.