Test - I got lost.

Kiwi Phil

Commander
I went to broardband, and got a new e-mail address, then been unable to log on to iboats for a few weeks. This is a test to see if I am still a member.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Test - I got lost.

Thought maybe you got a new GPS and were having trouble figuring it out??<br /><br />Wondered where ya went.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> I went to broardband, and got a new e-mail address, then been unable to log on to iboats for a few weeks. This is a test to see if I am still a member.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip
WEEKS! So there is life after death! :) Glad to see ya back

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Hi all, <br />I have broadband at my office and now have mobile broadband (Jetstream) on my laptop via a PCMCIA data card. Very quick, very nice.<br /><br />Regards <br /><br />Peter

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I still can't fathom what is going on tho. I seem to get cut off after about 15minutes. Only happens on this iboats site. Got me beat.<br />Forget about the new GPS. Still can't figure out the old one I got. The only benefit I get is it tells me I am doing a different speed to my speedo!!!!!

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Never heard of anybody being cut off of iBoats that way. What do you mean exactly by 'cut off'?<br /><br />"Page can not be found" or something like that?<br />Does hitting F5 for a refresh help?<br />What kind of firewall or security do you run?<br /><br />I use several different ADSL connections and never experience that sortta worries.<br /><br />It sounds as this problem sits on your end of the communication. Somewhere from your ISP to your puter, that is.<br /><br />Does it cut you off even if you're actually browsing etc.?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Whew! Glad you are back, KP. :)

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey peter what provider do you use and how much is the wireless for your laptop? I have been trying to do some research on it and cant come up with anything.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Phil, if you've got 'Telstra' broadband youre not the only one experiencing problems. Many, many complaints lately.<br /><br />Aldo

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I probably shouldn't say I got cut off. <br />When I click on "iboat chat" in my favourites,(or one of the other iboat sites I follow), it takes a long time to show 3 little green bars in the bottom, then the page just goes blank (reverts back to the page I was using previously). <br />When I use Google to search "iboats", and double click on that, same thing happens. <br />Then, like right now, I brought up my favourites, then iboats chat, and bingo, I am on, although it was pretty slow.<br />Yet this morning, and last night, there was no way I could get on.<br />I am with Optus Dunaruna.<br />I wondered if it might not have been the fact I have changed my e-mail address. When I go to my profile, I can't find where you change your e-mail address.<br />Bear with me UU. Not only am I a mechanical idiot, my computer skills are little better.<br />Another point to consider, I have a lot of different sites I visit, all in my "favourites", and I can log on to them in seconds...have never missed. It is only iboats I am having difficulty with.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I just found how to check my e-mail address in my profile. The current address is correct.<br />I'm-a-getting-better :D <br />Oh....Duranuna, Optus have to use Telstra lines/systems. <br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

I've had severe problems with Telstra when I set up a system (modem) in Adelaide a while back. Their customer service ain't much to brag about to say the least, but I was under the impression that they were forced to improve by the market mechanisms down there?<br /><br />Then the problem appeared to be lack of capacity on overseas lines.<br /><br />I'd suggest you mobilize your "taz devil genes" and call their customer service.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Phil, in some areas optus roll out their own cable and other areas they 'rent' the cable off telstra. It doesn't matter in the end, they blame each other for faults and the customer is always the loser. Only optus & telstra have infrastucture, all other ISP companies in Australia are simply middle men cashing in on the boom.<br /><br />UU, Telstra are getting to big for their boots, like most multi-billion dollar companies they answer to no one, the Gov. kiss their corporate a## and the customer looses again. Their service help lines are automated and are very frustrating.<br /><br />Aldo

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Formula1974,<br />Hi there, unfortunately my wireless card may not work in the USA. It is from 'Sierra Wireless Inc' 'Sierra AirCard 555' and uses the CDMA system and I connect through Telecom here on their mobile phone network.<br />CDMA replaced the old TDMA cellphone technology here in NZ about 3 years ago and is currently the latest technology available here. <br />Actually it has just occurred to me that the phones we use to roam to USA are triple band and use the 900 / 1800 mhz frequencies so there must be coverage but you may need to do some enquiries from your end. Good luck <br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Peter

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey...I didn't think you guys over there were capable of that (gettin lost). heehee.<br /><br />But I had a simular problem when I switched ISP's here....(Liked-ta never got logged- back in, and wouldn't have, without JB's help). Glad you're back, Phil!

Kiwi Phil

Commander

This is the first time I have been able to get back on since the 14 July.<br />Don't know what the h*ll is going on.<br />Sent a message to JB a minute back asking he contact me. Hope these go through before I get logged/locked off.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip