• Boat6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Test for Splash of the Year. Start a topic in the Restoration or Starcraft forum, title up to you, but make it a Starmada or Restoration forum Splash of the Year, not an Iboats SOTY, iboats is the host site only, not a sponsor.

When you initially start the topic, in the upper left corner of the new topics text window, there is a bar graph icon (3rd from the left) to the right of the camera and chainlink icons. Click that graph icon and the forum software will open a new area below the topic text window that has the poll options. IIRC, it autopopulates 3 choices. At the bottom of those 3 choices is

add another answer

Add as many choices as you have nominees.

In the post text window list the nominees, pix of their boats and a link to their resto, similar to this:

Boat1 members user name
Boat1 pix before and after
Boat1 topic link

Boat2 members user name
Boat2 pix before and after
Boat2 topic link

Etc for boats 3 thru 6

Set poll timeout for 12midnight on Jan 19, 2wks from poll starting. On the poll timeout, 12midnight is 00:00, military time.

Leave both the make votes public and multiple votes boxes empty, unchecked.

In the poll answer text boxes, list the members user name and their topic's title, or boat info, something like

Sphelps 1964 MFG Custom rebuild

or

Haykos 1971 16ft Super Sport

At the very bottom, I'll insert the details you posted on the SOTY topic about the rules and etc.

Thanks Sam and Rob.

Look forward to getting the polls started, the votes counted and 2 SOTY winners chosen for 2016.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
@sphelps
@snowman246
Woodonglass
@hayko1971

@GA_boater
@Fun Times

Start a test topic here in this subforum if you want to get a handle on how to setup a poll, add pix and links to projects and etc.

If you have any questions, PM me, GA or Fun Times

I am closing this topic, it is a test example only.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.