Tenn.light law question update.

pepper

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys, wife and I went fishing saturday and the gamewarden stoped by so I started asking questions, so I ask him the same question I ask here about if you were tied off to a tree or pulled up on the bank at nite does the anchor light have 2 be on , ( He said if you are in the boat the light has 2 be on. If you are out on the bank the light does not have 2 be on .) Just in case some one else needs 2 know, Dont know about other states . thanks .sam

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tenn.light law question update.

So following that logic, if you are sleeping in a boat, whether it is beached, on a mooring, or tied to a dock, the anchor light has to be on.

I bet that would be news to a lot of people at the marina.

pepper

Seaman Apprentice

Yes sir , It sure would , It already cost me almost $300.00 bucks because of a bad bulb. warden may be makeing up rules as he sees fit but thats what he told me, My boat is now very bright. But you would think the boatdocks would already have all the required lights . :confused:

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is the exact same thing the warden said to me here in Ohio. I further asked her if it was OK to just put a chem-lite on the pole, up top, and turn the light off. She said that would be fine so I don't have to run my battery down. Who knows, but that's what I was told.

milmat1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

NC Law just says a White light visible for x Miles.... Doesn't matter what the light is !

Also only applies to boats longer than 23 ft ! (NC)

From: http://www.ncwildlife.org/Regs/documents/VOG/InlandLightingRules.pdf

Vessel at Anchor
A vessel less than 50meters (165 ft.) in length should display
an all-round white light visible for twomiles exhibited where
it can best be seen. However, vessels less than 7meters (23 ft.)
in length are not required to display anchor lights unless
anchored in or near a narrow channel, fairway or anchorage
or where other vessels normally navigate.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

That is the exact same thing the warden said to me here in Ohio. I further asked her if it was OK to just put a chem-lite on the pole, up top, and turn the light off. She said that would be fine so I don't have to run my battery down. Who knows, but that's what I was told.

And does that Chem-Lite meet the 2 nm CG requirement? I doubt it, and she doesn't sound to bright...:)