Tell us how old is your boat?

joelybob

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tell us how old is your boat?

1969 14' starcraft seafarer/ 1986 SC170 sea nymph fishtracker.

Fiberformboatowner

Seaman Apprentice

mikes boat.jpg
1976 fiberform running a Johnson 200 hp outboard bought her last year for $300 runs perfect just needs some new seats

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

looks like I may win this one, I recently bought a 12ft aluminum basstracker jon boat, which a lot of members told me not to do but I did anyway, turned out to be an unsturdy nightmare, so I sold it within two months of having it. Now I just bought a fixer upper. Ready for it? tell me if you've heard of this no longer existent company,

1957!!!!! Nylox which I just finished taking everything off of and am going to start painting tomorrow, will be posting pictures soon, and will be asking for help on paint removal for the inside as well as other fiberglassing help.

SO DO I WIN???

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

2008 Larson LXI 208, Volvo SX out drive, 5.0GXI

Sabbath

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1964 Merlin Sabre
202ci Motor
Twin Stromberg Carbs

Drove 1500km in 1 day to get it. Paint was knackered when i got it, so gave it a respray:

2013-02-03163624_zps0b74d06f.jpg

P1080012.jpg

68 Jetflite

Recruit

1968 Glastron Jetflite with 1971 60 horse Evinrude Triumph. Just got the boat last weekend and she needs work but she's solid and I'm really stoked about it. :D

baldtire

Cadet

1974 Starcraft Super Sport '18 Bought it in 1976. Now starting to enjoy with the 3rd generation.PICT0209.jpg

Last edited:

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

looks like I may win this one, I recently bought a 12ft aluminum basstracker jon boat, which a lot of members told me not to do but I did anyway, turned out to be an unsturdy nightmare, so I sold it within two months of having it. Now I just bought a fixer upper. Ready for it? tell me if you've heard of this no longer existent company,

1957!!!!! Nylox which I just finished taking everything off of and am going to start painting tomorrow, will be posting pictures soon, and will be asking for help on paint removal for the inside as well as other fiberglassing help.

SO DO I WIN???

LOL, yes you did!!! But not because of your particular boat, because you OWN a boat, so you are the winner of......Hard work, late nights, empty wallet and much more of the same! Your real reward is every time you get to spend even just a little time on the water in your displacement device (boat) So that makes you a winner just like the rest of us! Have fun with the restore and take a bunch of pictures!

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1987 Trojan International 8.6 Meter Expressphoto(1).JPG

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL, yes you did!!! But not because of your particular boat, because you OWN a boat, so you are the winner of......Hard work, late nights, empty wallet and much more of the same! Your real reward is every time you get to spend even just a little time on the water in your displacement device (boat) So that makes you a winner just like the rest of us! Have fun with the restore and take a bunch of pictures!
I couldnt have said it better myself. Specially the empty wallet part.. its been so much fun though working on the boat, never thought I would like it soo much. everytime I finish something small, its awesome just to look at it and think, one less thing to get done. Ive definately taken lots of pics (saving to post the restore from start to finish) and will continue to till im done. I just finished re upholstering the seats last night.

davis21b

Cadet

1987 Winner Tournament 2000 bass boat ( in the process of fixing it up now) Yamaha 200 hp
1972 Fisher Marine Jon Boat with 1980's model Mercury 9.8

Chris Smith

Cadet

I have a 1959 Orlando Clipper 48-12 "speedster" that my dad bought new. Took it to the lake this morning.

Attachments

• Orland Clipper hull tag.jpg
    Orland Clipper hull tag.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Orlando Clipper 2.jpg
    Orlando Clipper 2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0

jwalterus

Cadet

1959 Crestliner Buccaneer
grew up with it, purchased it from my dad 10 years ago, and decided to replace the engine last fall
just got the new one on and started up last weekend, went from a very tired 1958 Evinrude Lark 35hp to a low hour 2000 Johnson 50hp
might need to replace my 35mph speedo....... :lol:

wineslob1104

Cadet

1968 Sears 14 foot runabout (MFG). What's odd is the color, Tangerine, is shown in the 69' line up. Not sure what's up with that, maybe late 68' so it may be a 69 model "Carefree 144" seen in the old ad below?

Mfgb69013.jpg

The boat came from my wife's uncle who, because of health issues, didn't have time to do anything with the boat, so he kindly gave it to me. :happy:

vhuevos7

Seaman

Its cool to see some many folks with Boats older than twenty years. Mine is a 79 Glastron with a 175 out board Merc. I just took the carpet out and had some of that Bed liner stuff sprayed in it from a place here in Alb. No need for a new Boat just New Parts LOL.

Jayboat66

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My boat is 1979 bayliner Admiralty with AQ120B/ 280. I love it and I am replacing stringers and deck.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

1985 17'larson bow-rider,restoration started this winter. 1980 or so 10 foot duck boat,1965 barbor 16 foot runabout,made of wood.