Telescopic anchor light anyone have one of these?

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was looking at anchor lights on iboats and found this telescopic 48" one that would really work good on the Crestliner and I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these and can post a review here for me?
Telescopic Anchor Light on iboats

large_f40641187207148111_2.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Telescopic anchor light anyone have one of these?

I was looking at anchor lights on iboats and found this telescopic 48" one that would really work good on the Crestliner and I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these and can post a review here for me?

Ayuh,.... If yer gonna put it in the boat in yer picture,....

Where ya gonna hide 4' of mast,..??
It don't look like you could hide 2' of mast, muchless 4'....

When ya push it Down,... It's gotta have somewhere to Go....

I agree with Bubba,... I like my pop-out, 'n stow light...

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ayuh,.... If yer gonna put it in the boat in yer picture,....

Where ya gonna hide 4' of mast,..??
It don't look like you could hide 2' of mast, muchless 4'....

When ya push it Down,... It's gotta have somewhere to Go....

I agree with Bubba,... I like my pop-out, 'n stow light...

Bond-o,

It's telescopic......like the old antennas on cars...or...a mechanic's inspection mirror. Requires 20.25 inches gunnel depth. Currently it has a slide down light on it but about 10" sticks up above the gunnel rail and it's not the original one (someone replaced the original but used the same design) You twist a lock nut at the base and it slided down inside. But I'd like to eliminate the 10" sticking up above and get it to mount flush. I believe I have 20.25" of room to use the above item.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Sounds fair,... Like I said, I stow mine in the cabin...

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bubba, What's the inside guts like (meaning how's the wiring connect at the base of this unit? Is it all enclosed in a case and that's why you say they collect water? I've never seen one in person but with my real limit of space on this small boat, I need to make things works by using every inch of space I can find and this would help with that. My plans for this boat does not include a lot of rainy weather and when she's not being used she'll have a quality tarp over her if she doesn't find a home under the carport (My pontoon might have something to say about sharing space! :) )
This boat isn't going to be like my pontoon as far as fishing and boating goes, the pontoon sees it all from sunny days to severe storms (been caught in a couple out on the river). The boat will be a water ski and crappie/Bream (Bluegill for all you Northerners) boat. No night fishing and no plans for being out during rainy days.
The problem I have with the removable type is, now I have to store a 48" Anchor light on the boat that has very limit space. Add a pair of skis or 3 or 4 fishing rods and things start piling up inside the boat. Zippo storage compartments on this boat, I have 2 small pockets on the sides that are about 6-8 ft. long that I was planning on storing 1 ski per side. Then I'll need a place for 4 life jackets and 1 throw cushion (not sure where I can store them). So this is the reason why I was looking at this style of Anchor light and asking for reviews. I appreciate you input and will consider it as I decide what to do.
Thanks,

Jeff

fishrdan

Admiral

I had (had...) a telescoping anchor light and the wires broke in it internally, real POS design. It wasn't a high dollar piece like the one you are thinking of, but I'll never buy another telescoping light. I would be concerned of how the wiring inside the light works, if it's a coiled (pigs tail) wiring harness,,, RUN! Especially if the manufacturer thinks strain reliefs are a silly idea

I'd go with the socketed light... Mount a piece of PVC pipe up under the bow (closed bow right?) and stow the light there.