Teachers

dolluper

Captain
SOMEBODY'S RAISING THEIR CHILD RIGHT! <br /><br /><br />One Nation, "Under God". <br /><br />One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. <br /><br />The teacher asked a little boy: <br />Tommy do you see the tree outside? <br /><br />TOMMY: Yes. <br /><br />TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside? <br /><br />TOMMY: Yes. <br /><br />TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky. <br /><br />TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky. <br /><br />TEACHER: Did you see God? <br /><br />TOMMY: No. <br /><br />TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He just <br />doesn't exist. <br /><br />A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. <br /><br />The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy: <br /><br />Tommy, do you see the tree outside? <br /><br />TOMMY: Yes. <br /><br />LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside? <br /><br />TOMMY: Yessssss! <br /><br />LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky? <br /><br />TOMMY: Yessssss! <br /><br />LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher? <br /><br />TOMMY: Yes <br /><br />LITTLE GIRL: Do you see her brain? <br /><br />TOMMY: No <br /><br />LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must <br />not have one! <br /><br />(You Go Girl!)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Teachers

Troll alert!

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

What does "troll alert" mean? I honestly don't know.<br /><br />I thought it was a funny joke.

NOSLEEP

Commander

JC...It looks like it has some relationship to<br />a post that has a speck of faith added.

dolluper

Captain

This is what JB is saying <br />What is a Troll? Top <br />An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.<br /><br />Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.<br /><br />Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.<br /><br />Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.<br /> <br />And a simple joke warrents this stay in the woods

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> That made me chuckle.
<br /> Made me wish you had nicer weather, so you could go outdoors and play, rather than kill me with those goofy ones. :p :p

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Edited version:<br />
Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> <br /><br />Wives are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, wives do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.<br /><br />Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true wife can not be changed by mere words.<br /> <br />
Hmmm!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I like yours better, dolluper. :) <br /><br />Mine doesn't ridicule others' beliefs.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> That made me chuckle.
<br /> Made me wish you had nicer weather, so you could go outdoors and play, rather than kill me with those goofy ones. :p :p
I'm confuzed....