Take 5 Minutes to Have Your Say on Ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The difference in MPG from using 10% ethanol fuel is only 3.5% less. Very easy for mileage to vary more than that from tank to tank. I keep track of my mileage and it varies due to whether I am on highway or streets more.

BTW switch grass is hardly ever made into methanol. Way cheaper to make it into ethanol.

Major reason for the use of ethanol is as an oxygenator in fuel for emissions. The original oxygenator used was MTBE and we know why that was stopped from being used.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The ethanol in gas is just another form of Corporate Welfare to keep the Corn Farmers and Marketers wealthy

robert graham

Admiral
I've been using the 10% ethanol fuel for years in my cars, outboards, yard equipment, etc., etc.....never had any problems at all, either running or deterioration of fuel lines, pumps, etc.....I believe ethanol has been blamed for a lot of problems that may have had other causes....like poor maintenance habits...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Since too many of us didn't bother to read the opening post about providing comment at BoatUS about the pending E15 standards and have decided to make this an ethanol thread so we can bicker amongst ourselves, this thread is closed. Not only because of some of the comments, but because the comment period at BoatUS is over., so the thread no longer has a purpose.

Thanks for providing the link, SaveTexomaBeaches

Status
Not open for further replies.