Tahoe T16 rear cushions - beware while towing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkside41

Recruit
If you're towing your T16 make sure there's something tied across the rear cushions. You think they're secure, but they're not. The left and center snap to the RH bin but the bin is not secured to the boat. I was going down the road, the RH cushion flew up then the center cushion lifted, pulled the bin out of the boat and the bin went flying. It pulled the straps off the center cushion and damaged the fabric hinge. I did find the bin but what a crummy design. Emails to Tahoe complaining about the design resulted in a referral to the parts department, then a deferral to the dealer. I asked the customer service rep if it was normal to tow a two month old Tahoe boat down the road and have parts fly off it only to incur damage at my expense. No response from Tahoe, they don't seem to have much interest. So if you're towing your T16 be sure to stretch a strap or line across the rear cleats to keep the cushions from flying off.

ToddTassell

Recruit
If you're towing your T16 make sure there's something tied across the rear cushions. You think they're secure, but they're not. The left and center snap to the RH bin but the bin is not secured to the boat. I was going down the road, the RH cushion flew up then the center cushion lifted, pulled the bin out of the boat and the bin went flying. It pulled the straps off the center cushion and damaged the fabric hinge. I did find the bin but what a crummy design. Emails to Tahoe complaining about the design resulted in a referral to the parts department, then a deferral to the dealer. I asked the customer service rep if it was normal to tow a two month old Tahoe boat down the road and have parts fly off it only to incur damage at my expense. No response from Tahoe, they don't seem to have much interest. So if you're towing your T16 be sure to stretch a strap or line across the rear cleats to keep the cushions from flying off.
Appreciate the post. I’m thinking about buying a T16 in the near future. How does it do for skiing or wakeboarding with a full load?

Status
Not open for further replies.