FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have been looking at tachs for my boat. 70hp Chrysler.One of the specs on the tach is 4 pole,to 20 pole alternater. what pole alternater is on my motor?
Post your model number. It should be located somewhere under the carbs. I dont think the 70 HP motors ever had alternators. All the 70 HP I belive are magnapower motors. The poles you refer to I believe are the poles on the stator and I believe the 20 pole is the correct one.
if you have the magnapower type 1 ignition, you may be out of luck. i couldnt seem to find anything that would work with my 70hp chrysler. even tachs that listed my motor as compatible would not work with the type 1 ingition. i ended up going with the tiny tach, but havent had a chance to install it yet...
www.tinytach.com<br /><br />Aftermarket tachs probably wont work for your motor. I have read here that tiny tachs work well on chryslers and force. Email them and find out what they say.
the model of tiny tach that you will need is not shown on their website. you will need to call them to order one that will work with your specific motor. they will make a customized version and you will have it in about 2 weeks.