T-stat and gasket for old Nissan

Uncle Krusty

Cadet
I have a 1992 NS9.9b and would like to have a spare thermostat on hand, along with the gasket. I can't find anything specific to this old motor, nor have the dealers I have talked to, including iBoats. I'm wondering if there are later model parts that would work. I think they built this basic motor for a long time after 92.

Uncle Krusty

Cadet
I have a 1992 NS9.9b and would like to have a spare thermostat on hand, along with the gasket. I can't find anything specific to this old motor, nor have the dealers I have talked to, including iBoats. I'm wondering if there are later model parts that would work. I think they built this basic motor for a long time after 92. Serial #355A-1 59566

Uncle Krusty

Cadet
Thank you sir. I got those numbers from Tohatsu, along with a definitive answer that the carb and parts are no longer available. I'm waiting to hear if they know of any substitute. Would you you happen to know? I have cleaned the filter bowl and main body, which helped with a rough idle, but without a rebuild kit available, I don't want to get any further into it.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Cleaning the carb's bowl and main body helped getting rid of the rought idle or still persists ?

You can clean all carb's internal metal parts to perfection dipping them in proper solvents but if there's a float, float's needle or gasket with severe issues that motor is fried specially if such carb parts are NLA..

Happy Boating

Uncle Krusty

Cadet
Cleaning the carb's bowl and main body helped getting rid of the rought idle or still persists ?

You can clean all carb's internal metal parts to perfection dipping them in proper solvents but if there's a float, float's needle or gasket with severe issues that motor is fried specially if such carb parts are NLA..

Happy Boating
Yikes. The idle is still a tad rough and smoky but much better. I haven't been able to take it out yet so I don't know how it will run at speed. It might just need a hard run. We've got a big storm coming so it's going to be a week or so. The carb seemed pretty clean and the float and needle looked ok, so I'm going to protect that gasket and leave it alone if I can.