Sylvan a disapointment to me . . .

Expidia

Commander
Just bought a new Sylvan 2005 13 Alaskan Deluxe from a local marina. I'm frustrated with the way Sylvan shipped it out. There are hundreds of curly metal shavings all under the flooring that I can't seem to flush out. More keep appearing around the transom with each use. My beef is I shouldn't have to even be trying to flush them out since I bought a "new" boat from Sylvan. For a boat that many users would be using barefoot or their passengers barefoot to me it's unthinkable to let this go out of the factory like this. This to me reflects on Sylvans build quality as to where else have they cut corners?
It's a deal breaker for me when I buy my next new boat, it won't be from the Sylvan, Starcraft or Smokercraft line which are all the same company!

Just wanted to post this here for others to be aware of and I'm going to email the same to Complaints.com and Sylvan's customer support.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sylvan a disapointment to me . . .

Expidia said:
Just bought a new Sylvan 2005 13 Alaskan Deluxe from a local marina. I'm frustrated with the way Sylvan shipped it out. There are hundreds of curly metal shavings all under the flooring that I can't seem to flush out. More keep appearing around the transom with each use. My beef is I shouldn't have to even be trying to flush them out since I bought a "new" boat from Sylvan. For a boat that many users would be using barefoot or their passengers barefoot to me it's unthinkable to let this go out of the factory like this. This to me reflects on Sylvans build quality as to where else have they cut corners?
It's a deal breaker for me when I buy my next new boat, it won't be from the Sylvan, Starcraft or Smokercraft line which are all the same company!

Just wanted to post this here for others to be aware of and I'm going to email the same to Complaints.com and Sylvan's customer support.

Obviously someone in quality control was not paying attention to what they were to be looking for. Have you
told your dealer about the problem to see if they could fix the defect in any way? I would try him first. I toured
the Sylvan factory and from what I seen,the product was of very good quality. It is also possible that when it was
being stored at the factory awaiting shipment that it may have been left close by a work station where people MIGHT have been doing some grinding and the metal shavings may have gotten in the air and settled in your boat. I am only guessing on that and could be wrong,but
just wandering about the possibility of that occurring and
no one caught it in time to fix that. I would give Sylvan
another chance.

Lodgepole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sylvan a disapointment to me . . .

I would hold the dealer accountable too. He has some responsibility to be sure everything is ship shape before delivery. After all, he makes a profit. Seems like everything we touch now days has a problem because PEOPLE DON'T DO THEIR JOB.

Have a 2003 Sylvan 1700 Pro Fish and love it.