Swivel seats on plastic boats

t4hobbs

Recruit
I have a pelican intruder 12 Jon boat, I would like to put swivel seats on it. Any ideas?

t4hobbs

Recruit
Ok here is a stock pic that may help if it can be seen, having some trouble figuring it out

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    504.2 KB · Views: 1

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If it was my rotationally molded foam filled boat, I wouldnt be drilling holes in it to mount swivel seats.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You can buy brackets that attach to the bench sections without drilling into them. And they have a swivel for seats as well. And then some cheap plastic seats with removable cushions would be perfect. JMHO.

t4hobbs

Recruit
I have brackets that go across the seats, but this boat has ribs attached to the seats that go down at a angle. I've seen a picture of one boat with seats on it, but I'm sure he drilled holes in the bench which I want to stay away from. If I figure something out I'll post a picture.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
use 3/4" plywood to make a base that fits the shape of the boat. Use Stainless steel "T" Nuts to secure the swivel bases. Then use construction adhesive to glue the base to the top of the seats. Set some heavy weights on it and let it cure for 3 days. I would then GO FISHING!!! Just remember, this advise is coming from and Old Dumb Okie so take that into consideration!!!:D;)